Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

a few problems with homebrew

Posted by jassim 
a few problems with homebrew
January 12, 2009 11:19PM
first problem: whenever i try going on the second page in "media" in the homebrew browser, i get taken back to the homebrew channel.

second problem: i have a movie in a .avi file which i want to watch with Mplayer and ive tried 3 different versions, whenever i load any of them up, i get a black screen and the wiimote stops responding, like "the blackscreen of death"

modchip: wasabi
system menu: 3.2E

thanks in advance

edit: apologies for placing this i the wrong topic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 12:01AM by jassim.
Re: a few problems with homebrew
January 13, 2009 12:15AM
nah, you are in the right place...

For the AVI, try using geexbox, it is a pretty good substitute if Mplayer isn't working...
January 13, 2009 12:28AM
i tried it, it was a boot.elf file so obviously i had to convert it to a boot.dol file, but it still came up as in invalid applicaton O_o, any suggestions?

thanks in advance
January 13, 2009 12:40AM
jassim
i tried it, it was a boot.elf file so obviously i had to convert it to a boot.dol file, but it still came up as in invalid applicaton O_o, any suggestions?

thanks in advance

geexbox is one of the few apps that works as an .elf in the new HBC... if the elf doesn't work though, download it through the HBB
January 13, 2009 01:13AM
that goes to my first problem :P
January 13, 2009 10:03AM
Can you try deleting the /temp directory?
January 13, 2009 06:18PM
sorry i have no idea what the /temp directory is. is it ok if you clarify please?
January 14, 2009 11:18AM
jassim
sorry i have no idea what the /temp directory is. is it ok if you clarify please?

When using the Homebrew Browser, all the images that are downloaded are stored on your SD card in the /temp folder.

If the issue is only happening with the Media tab, it could be that there is an issue with one of the image files so you should try and delete the /temp folder from your SD card and launch HBB again.
January 15, 2009 08:26PM
i deleted the temp folder and now the homebrew browser works perfectly, thanks a lot tek.

geebox actually wasnt in the homebrew browser so i thought id re-download it without converting it into a .dol file and it worked, found it very very complicated however i ound anohter mplayer designed for watching movies not on a dvd (other mplayer didnt play dvds for me anyway) and it works perfectly so thats sorted.

thanks a lot teknecal ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login