Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged DVDX thread

Posted by bushing 
Re: Mega Merged DVDX thread
March 07, 2009 09:13PM
Arikado
@Pkmns
Did you downgrade from a higher firmware? Do you have preloader or starfall installed?

Nope. I' m using a 3.3U without having downgraded/installed any cIos or stuff
March 07, 2009 10:50PM
Try the both the pre-3.4 installer and the 3.4 installer and see if either one works for you.
March 09, 2009 09:16PM
When I try installing it after downloading DVDx from the homebrew browser it says error 20*cant remember rest* installing stub. I'm on 3.3 and plan on using MplayerWii. Should I try DVDx 3.4?

Anyhelp guys?
March 11, 2009 12:06AM
3.3v1 or 3.3v2?

if 3.3v2 then you MIGHT have to install the 3.4 one but im not entirely sure.

if you have a modchip make sure youve installed patchmii
March 14, 2009 10:17AM
jassim
3.3v1 or 3.3v2?

if 3.3v2 then you MIGHT have to install the 3.4 one but im not entirely sure.

if you have a modchip make sure youve installed patchmii

Well I'm not sure, but I tried the 3.4 one and success, it worked!
March 31, 2009 03:09AM
i was wondering if there was a way to go into advanced mode in the post version? if not will there every b a way? i just want it so i could watch movies with my external harddrive using usb2 and mplayer ce.
April 01, 2009 04:52AM
is there a DVDx for Menu 4.0?

I dont wanna update my wii until they have this becuase my wii is my only DVD player and im afraid that if i update, the old DVDx will be disabled.
April 01, 2009 12:35PM
You dont lose dvdx when you update. Also, I believe that the 3.4 installer for it also works on 4.0

Also, be sure not to put your HBC on your SD card.
April 01, 2009 05:23PM
Arikado

any reason ? I have my HBC on my SD card and on my Wii... I dont run anything from the HBC on the SD card but only have it as a back up...
April 03, 2009 05:46AM
MiniMii
Arikado

any reason ? I have my HBC on my SD card and on my Wii... I dont run anything from the HBC on the SD card but only have it as a back up...

I think he means dont put the HBC on the SD card as a channel like with the new SDcard thing in 4.0
April 03, 2009 10:01PM
MiniMii
Arikado

On 4.0, you cant launch or even move the HBC from the SD card to the Wii. There is a way to install something to fix that actually. But I'm pretty sure WiiBrew doesnt support it.
April 04, 2009 03:50PM
Arikado
On 4.0, you cant launch or even move the HBC from the SD card to the Wii. There is a way to install something to fix that actually. But I'm pretty sure WiiBrew doesnt support it.

Oh ok.. yeah I have HBC on both as a precaution to when I updated to 4.0, I havent tried running anything from the SD card HBC. Maybe I should try just to see what happens...
April 04, 2009 04:29PM
MiniMii
Arikado

Oh ok.. yeah I have HBC on both as a precaution to when I updated to 4.0, I havent tried running anything from the SD card HBC. Maybe I should try just to see what happens...
It will say something like failed to launched channel. And if you try to copy it to your Wiis memory from your SD card it will say something like failed to copy channel.
April 05, 2009 02:05AM
So wait, i can update from 3.2U to 4.0. I used the old DVDx installer to install it. It wont be disabled at all?

I dont really want to update anyway so ima ask, is there a way to extract the IOS, wads ect. from the update and install them to my wii normally?
April 05, 2009 02:30AM
apparently this is the way to go for 4.0

[wiibrew.org]

dont quote me on this..
April 17, 2009 06:54PM
cclloyd9785
So wait, i can update from 3.2U to 4.0. I used the old DVDx installer to install it. It wont be disabled at all?

No it be disabled if you already have it installed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login