Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBAGX error

Posted by Tudor 
VBAGX error
January 27, 2009 12:04AM
I'm not sure if this is normal, but every time I open a game in VBAGX and try to go back to the root menu, the application freezes. A black screen pops up and says (I believe) that an IOS error has occurred. Sometimes if I wait until I'm in gameplay, I can open the menu, though not at any other time.

Also, I know I'm not supposed to talk about certain things, but I'm unsure what either a WAD or a "backup"are. I was really simply wondering what a "backup" is. Is it a rigged copy of a game (like illegal movies)? I'm very sorry if this is breaking the rules, and if it is, please don't answer me.

Thanks for any help regarding either issue.
Re: VBAGX error
January 27, 2009 12:28AM
That would error would be somthing like, " exception DSI -long string of numbers and letters-" There shouldnt be anything about IOS onscreen.

A WAD is an archive format (like .zip or .rar but much simpler) that channels are stored in. A backup is a retail disc game burned onto a dvd-r.
January 27, 2009 11:18PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't really sure, but what you're describing is what's happening. From the way you described it, it is fairly normal, but is there any way to stop it from happening? Also, thank you for the explanation; I knew that people could pirate movies, but I thought games were harder.

Is there any way to enter cheat codes for the VBAGX? I've looked, but I couldn't find any information except that I saw someone talking about a "CODES" folder in the VBAGX folder.
January 28, 2009 12:11AM
Its not a common error. Try a different version of vbagx and see if that helps you. I really dont know if vbagx supports cheat codes, sorry.
January 28, 2009 02:31AM
Thanks for the advice; I'll try downgrading I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login