Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AnyRegion Changer

Posted by tona 
AnyRegion Changer
August 21, 2008 05:17AM
Hey guys. I didn't like Waninkoko's two-application partial region change, so I went out and wrote my own region changer.

[wiibrew.org]

Basically, Waninkoko's Downgrader would let you install a System Menu from another region, and leave you with a semi-brick. His Region Changer would change one or two of the pieces of region data, and still leave you with a half-assed region swap. I dare you to find a way to access the Japanese Wii Shop from a US or European Wii using his applications.

So, my application lets you change just about everything. And it does things a little bit safer. And it doesn't require cIOS (tada!).

With this, you can change your Wii's Language setting, Country setting, Area (region) setting, Game (Disc/channel region) setting, and Video mode setting. You can also SAFELY install the System Menu 3.2 from any region. Unlike Waninkoko's downgrader, this application waits until all content is downloaded before trying to install anything.

There's a video on youtube and the download link is here.

Have fun :)

PS: Be sure to read all of the precautions from the Wiki link.
Re: AnyRegion Changer
August 21, 2008 08:40AM
I've got 3.3U. There's no way I'm going to downgrade. I'll just use other "freeloader" type software to boot my foreign games.
August 21, 2008 11:15PM
i have the IOS35 error, any idea how to pass it without a smashbraw dvd ?
August 22, 2008 01:00PM
Hi tona! I'd like to use your tool (souends nasty, I know lol) to downgrade to version 3.2E as I'm having problems with my backups 'cos of effing 3.3 firmware

The thing is that I must be dumb or somehting 'cos I havent managed to start the app yet. so any help would be appreciated :)

I got the content of the zip file, put the folder on my SD card, renamed the anyregion_changer.dol to boot.dol to launch with the Homebrew Channel but when I tried to do so I get an error message about the settings.txt (after the I'm a God check and the SYSCONF check)

any ideas?

thanks in advance
August 22, 2008 01:36PM
serlex
Hi tona! I'd like to use your tool (souends nasty, I know lol) to downgrade to version 3.2E as I'm having problems with my backups 'cos of effing 3.3 firmware

The thing is that I must be dumb or somehting 'cos I havent managed to start the app yet. so any help would be appreciated :)

I got the content of the zip file, put the folder on my SD card, renamed the anyregion_changer.dol to boot.dol to launch with the Homebrew Channel but when I tried to do so I get an error message about the settings.txt (after the I'm a God check and the SYSCONF check)

any ideas?

thanks in advance
Does it say "Error getting settings! 0, 0, 0, 0, 0" or something to that effect?
An exact descrption of the error you're getting would help. Just copy down the last line or two on the screen.
August 22, 2008 02:44PM
it says exactly:

My dumb-ass Wii said:
Error getting settings! 4, 2, -24578, -24578, 1

thanks for your help :)
August 22, 2008 05:51PM
Can I perhaps get you to run the Setting_replace tool and send me the setting.txt it produces on your SD card? A few people have been reporting this issue, and it's looking like they all have a funky setting.txt.

You can email it directly to me at tona hush com or by putting it on drop.io or something.
August 22, 2008 07:26PM
Of course.

But...what does that app do? am I risking my wii in any way?

(please understand my concern as I dont really know what we're doing)
August 22, 2008 07:54PM
No, it doesn't risk it. That application will copy your setting.txt to the SD card. If you run it again, it gives you the option of restoring it from the SD card, which is slightly risky I guess, but it's not a big deal. You're not doing that, though :P
August 22, 2008 08:22PM
You've got Mail! :)
August 23, 2008 08:33AM
Would this be completely safe if I were to use this on my Japanese Wii? I just bought the Japanese Wii, so I don't know the firmware of it yet. I want to change the region to US and the menu to english. Is it like 100% safe from semibrick/fullbricks?

Also, does this mean that in future official nintendo updates, I automaticly update to US firmwares instead of the original japanese firmware?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2008 06:39PM by Keita.
August 28, 2008 08:54AM
i have a jap-wii too... can i change the lang. to english without changing the region?

so i can still play backup games... because i have D2CKEY and if i want to change everything i need also to open my wii and change the jumper on the D2CKEY and this is something that i dont want.
August 28, 2008 03:18PM
hai_haifa
i have a jap-wii too... can i change the lang. to english without changing the region?

so i can still play backup games... because i have D2CKEY and if i want to change everything i need also to open my wii and change the jumper on the D2CKEY and this is something that i dont want.
Just change everything except the GAME region. Of course, then you won't be able to launch some Japanese channels.
August 31, 2008 07:24PM
Will this allow me to change everything to english/usa region safely like NTSC-J to NTSC-U. Also is that 3.2 firmware installer safe from bricking if i install 3.2U on a 3.1J currently? And in the future does it automaticly start updating to US region firmware? I hope to completely convert my japanese wii to a us region wii safely so that I dont have to deal with brickblocker, gecko, regionfrii, etc. since I will only play US games.
September 03, 2008 09:30AM
hi tona,

i have just curious questions:

1. do i need to use only the DOL file through homebrew?
2. is it contain the update as well for 3.2U?
3. do i need to connect to the internet?
4. if i change everything except the region game to US (including the system update to 3.2U), does it mean that i am risking by playing jap games from update, since it sees that my update is 3.2U and not 3.2J?

i am anxious to change my wii to US version. but afraid from bricking it...

thank you for your help
September 03, 2008 06:40PM
hi Tona,

i manage to get the anychanger on the homebrew and i manage to get to the program

i saw that i need to get into the internet in order to update the version to 3.2U

can i change everything except the disc region (because i have jap wii) and not to update to 3.2U and then i think i will have semi brick, and then to use bushing semi brick fix?

i dont want to change everything becuase i am afraid of getting full brick.
September 03, 2008 06:44PM
by the way my EULA is appear as unread, do i need to change it to read?
September 04, 2008 01:09AM
Hello, I left a message on the wiibrew wiki discussion thing. I'd cut and paste but I can't as I'm using my wii. ^^;

Anyway, I love that I can go to other regions shops and things, but I think I may of messed up my News channel. >.>;
I went on it when my shop was set to JP and I went and changed it to jp, I didn't think it would be a big deal, I just did it to see something.. So now of course I've put the shop setting back and it no longer connects to wiiconnect 24, eh xP..
It's not like I ever use it much... but it's annoying it not working. o;
September 05, 2008 08:32AM
cuber
Hello, I left a message on the wiibrew wiki discussion thing. I'd cut and paste but I can't as I'm using my wii. ^^;

Anyway, I love that I can go to other regions shops and things, but I think I may of messed up my News channel. >.>;
I went on it when my shop was set to JP and I went and changed it to jp, I didn't think it would be a big deal, I just did it to see something.. So now of course I've put the shop setting back and it no longer connects to wiiconnect 24, eh xP..
It's not like I ever use it much... but it's annoying it not working. o;
It's kind of a mystery what programs use which variables, and what conflicts will cause. I could have made an application that only lets you use completely matching settings, but I wanted to let people mess around and see what happens.
September 05, 2008 11:55AM
It's cool. xP
I do enjoy messing around. =D

But just as an adtempt at fixing it.. Can you tell me which title I should be deleting? I'd guess it's in the system channels, but I don't really want to end up getting rid of my Mii channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2008 12:02PM by cuber.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login