Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AnyRegion Changer

Posted by tona 
Re: AnyRegion Changer
September 21, 2008 10:19PM
So I'm trying to use the AnyRegion Changer. I have a US Wii with HBC installed. I successfully loaded and ran the program andI set everything to Japan, including installing the 3.2J firmware. I downloaded the Japanese Nintendo Channel from the shop. But when I try to open it, I get a WiiConnect24 error (code 117404). I get the same error when launching the US Nintendo channel with mixed/foreign settings, but if I set everything to US it works fine. Is there something I'm missing, some way of being able to access the Japanese Nintendo Channel? Or is it just unable to connect to the Japanese servers from the US?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2008 10:20PM by DKII.
June 25, 2009 03:59AM
Hi, I tried downgrading my Wii to 3.2U, but in the process, it somehow installed 3.2E instead. So now I have a perfectly working and smiling Wii...in PAL mode. I've already installed 3.2U firmware, but it is somehow STILL in PAL mode. Can someone here tell me the buttons to press to change the video mode? Or an .dol to flash the "Settings.txt" file out?

It's currently semibricked because of Waninkoko's Region Changer.

Any help would be appreciated.

(If you're wondering what the problem is, it's just that I can't see anything right because it turned black-and-white and was "rolling" across the screen)
June 25, 2009 04:01AM
I've tried that, it gives me the "Informing Wii that I am God (Error ret-)" when using Setting-replace.
June 25, 2009 02:06PM
First of all, tona made Anyregion Changer, not Waninko. If, for some unfortunate reason Waninko decided to make one, and you were stupid enough to use it, then theres probably nothing we can do to help you, sorry. (Unless you have BootMii installed as boot2 and you have a NAND Backup)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 09:23PM by Arikado.
June 25, 2009 08:52PM
Waninkoko did have a region changer app.. I'm not sure if that's what you're referring to..
August 25, 2009 03:38AM
To make a long story short--tona's AnyRegion Changer changed my Wii to 3.2E instead of 3.2U, thus switching it to PAL mode AND semibricking it, which i can fix. I used Waninkoko's IOS Downgrader to change it to 3.2U, but it remained PAL.

I CAN install BootMii, sure, but I don't see how that could help me...this is a NTSC/PAL problem, not a firmware problem.
Well, actually a Settings.txt problem.

All I need is something that switches the Wii to NTSC mode.
August 25, 2009 03:42AM
AnyRegion Changer can switch the video mode, but I don't know the exact button presses...
August 25, 2009 04:13AM
Well, yes, I know, but I tried to watch the YouTube video and do it, but nothing happened. =(
August 25, 2009 04:16AM
or...will using a component (480p) cable help?
August 25, 2009 04:20AM
Umm... Maybe, but most likely not. I can try and get the button presses in a bit
August 25, 2009 06:09AM
nooope 480p cables won't fix this prob...confirmed by the WiiBrew Forums--

For PAL Wiis (sold in Europe and Australia), the following video modes are available:
576i: 50Hz, 576 lines interlaced (standard PAL, works on all televisions in these regions)
480i: 60Hz, 480 lines interlaced (NTSC framerate but with PAL encoding for color, should work on most relatively recent televisions)
480p: 60Hz, 480 lines progressive (EDTV standard, requires a component cable and a display supporting progressive frames)
August 25, 2009 05:42PM
Maybe you shouldn't be around dangerous tools?

Anyregion changer works fine if you are capable of selecting 3.2U instead of 3.2E. My reccomendation is to run it again and be sure to select 3.2U this time.
August 25, 2009 07:01PM
well, i did try that, it suceeded, but it is still in PAL mode, but oddly, 2 apps run in NTSC mode now,

SRB2Wii
VBAGX

Of course, I will be tweaking around with AnyRegion Changer's "VIDEO" setting and see what I get.
Oddly enough, every time I change it from "PAL" to "NTSC", it switches back to PAL mode.

And is there a button to press to "save changes?" When I go to the last option, it returns me to The Homebrew Channel.
August 25, 2009 07:33PM
Try directly editing your settings.txt file (open it with a program like Notepad)
August 25, 2009 08:21PM
...if I could actually extract it... (it gives me a "informing Wii that I am God" error)
August 25, 2009 08:46PM
Doesn't it reside on your SD Card somewhere? Simply find it, open it (again, simple text editor like Notepad), edi it, and save it.

(Regarding the error name, tona had a very strange sense of humor)
August 25, 2009 10:12PM
Where? and now it says something about "ES_Identity"
August 25, 2009 10:29PM
Ok...now I need to know which button to press to dump the txt.

When I press anything...it says something to lines of, "Quitting Wii Menu To...Ret-"

And I'm pretty much blind in this app...
August 25, 2009 10:31PM
ES_Identify is a function that apps use in order to do certain things.... however i am not sure you can get it back into IOS (35?) without downgrading it.
August 25, 2009 10:37PM
This whole problem was caused BY downgrading
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login