Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

instead of junkyard

Posted by cl87 
instead of junkyard
March 05, 2009 04:04AM
how about renaming it to against the rules?

just a thought.
Re: instead of junkyard
March 05, 2009 03:52PM
Why can I start a post in the Junkyard?
March 05, 2009 08:08PM
the junk yard is just topics that are against the rules, or bs. nothing more, hense junk yard
March 05, 2009 08:38PM
cl87
the junk yard is just topics that are against the rules, or bs. nothing more, hense junk yard
That was the origional intention, it has since been converted to, against the rules. So why would I want to start a topic there?? Actually I think i will!
March 05, 2009 08:48PM
It tricked me, you can't post there, it just makes you think you can. Furthermore proving his point, change the name, or allow posts..
March 05, 2009 08:52PM
im not saying allow the posts, just something for people to see upfront like the rules..
March 05, 2009 09:11PM
I'm gonna weigh in my personal feelings on the matter.

"Against The Rules" isnt nearly as strong a name as "The Junkyard". Thus, "Against The Rules" shows me that having your topic put there is not nearly half as shameful as having your topic put in a place called "The Junkyard". Using that line of thinking, "Against The Rules", to me, encourages people to try again whereas "The Junkyard" tells people straight up, "Stop or you'll be banned".

Do you see what I'm saying here? Having a topic locked and junked (we cant lose the junked pun either now can we ;) ?) is a very serious matter. It signifies that the poster has disregarded the forum rules and is liable to be banned should he/she repeat his/her offense. So we need a strong (and maybe even creative) phrase to represent that. "Against The Rules" doesnt fit that criteria. Alternatives to "The Junkyard" would have to be something like "The Trashbin" or "The Waste Bucket" etc.

In short: To me "The Junkyard" is fine and theres no reason to change it. I dont fully understand why you see it as an unclear title for that forum.

As for the matter of it appears as though you can post topics in the junkyard but really you cant; Thats phorum software and there's really nothing I believe we can do about that, sorry.
March 06, 2009 08:16PM
I think the "All the inane chatter goes in here" is what threw me off. I didn't know what it was until one of my posts ended up in there. I originally thought it was just another offtopic random board.
March 14, 2009 05:37PM
Instead of sending those topics to the junkyard, I'd delete them and ban the users without further notice. Don't put any effort in explaining those people, what they have done wrong. It's a waste of time.
March 14, 2009 06:21PM
koopa, I used to 100% agree with your view. If you look at some of the earlier topics I junkyarded, you'll see I was infamous for saying stuff like "backups = fail WADs = fail Piracy = fail fail + fail + fail = you're banned". One day (with the help of an admin named tona) it dawned on me that we really dont want to ban people. Banning people only fills up server space. So instead, we just warn them and then ban them if they repeat their offense.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2009 06:21PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login