Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Attachments on PM's

Posted by WiiPhlex 
Attachments on PM's
August 31, 2008 06:25AM
Can we get support for attaching files and to PM's please?
Re: Attachments on PM's
August 31, 2008 11:10PM
Best idea yet for the forums.
September 01, 2008 04:02AM
So... You want free private file hosting? Hm...

If you can think of a reason why that's so much more convenient than using drop.io or some other service, I'll consider it.
September 01, 2008 08:29AM
Um I didn't say I wanted free private file hosting.

WiiPhlex
Can we get support for attaching files and to PM's please?

I'm not asking for 10gb each or anything just a few mb's, but if you are that against it don't worry.
September 01, 2008 03:47PM
Oh, my brain skipped over the "and" in your sentence. Probably because its inclusion makes the sentence grammatically incorrect. I assume this means you want to be able to attach files everywhere, then.

Well, once again, the same reasoning applies. We see no reason to encourage people to use our bandwidth instead of their own or of free services. It's not really all that more convenient, either.

Most sites I know allowing attachments quite often have an ulterior motive of creating a "downloads" section, in which rampant unlicensed redistribution takes place for the purpose of increasing hits, popularity, and ad revenue.

We don't really have a desire to take part in this sort of a system. People can use free services or link to the original distribution site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 03:50PM by tona.
March 31, 2009 03:57PM
I think that it's one of those things that are just up to the admin, because it really doesn't have that much effect other than bandwidth costs... it's not that hard to upload something to RS or whatever anyways.
April 22, 2009 08:04PM
just go on http://www.rapidshare.com and upload it then click "Insert URL", copy and paste the web address then write description then send. Simple!

EDIT: Forgot web address.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 08:07PM by Kezza826.
May 01, 2009 02:54PM
Just to ask, what would be the point of attaching files on PMs?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login