Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request for new mods

Posted by Arikado 
Request for new mods
July 03, 2009 01:58AM
So yeah, this forum is getting a little too active for me to handle by myself. Especially when I work 7 hour shifts dish washing every other day and am devoting a small portion of my life (and probably my soul) to a new un-wii-homebrew related project. I logged on this morning after a strenuous night at work to find over 400 posts I needed to read, too many of which required locking, junking, editing out fail, etc.

In short: I'm asking for a little help.

I haven't run this by the admins yet (my IRC client kinda sucks <_<) but I'm looking for active, helpful, respectful, forum members to step up and become a leader: a forum moderator.

But let me first clarify a little bit, being a moderator doesn't mean you have to moderate the whole forum. If you're interested, you can only moderate one or two sections of the forum, or even all but one or two sections. As a moderator of a section, you can move topics out of your section, lock topics in your section, delete topics in your section, and edit posts in topics in your section.

So if you're interested in becoming a mod, you only need to do two things:
1)You must post here, detailing what sections you would like to moderate (don't be afraid to say "all")
2)You must be able to log onto the IRC at any time for a quick conversation with an admin or moderator who beckons you

(The second requirement is the hardest to fill for some people, so be aware that you can log on simply by clicking here)

Thanks for reading, and good luck if you decide to apply. WiiBrew is a community driven wiki, and will hopefully soon have a more community driven forum.

(Also realize once again that I have yet to run this by the admins, but I am almost certain they will accept my idea. In other words, even if I say "Request Accepted" that doesn't mean anything ATM)
Re: Request for new mods
July 03, 2009 02:12AM
Personally, I think SifJar could be a good mod. He's been pretty active recently (and seems to know what he's doin'). What do you think, SifJar?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 02:16AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 03, 2009 07:37AM
I suppose I could help out... I usually check all the sections (with the exceptions of BootMii and FixMii)
July 03, 2009 08:52AM
As this is the forum I spend most of my time, I would like to help out.
(and I am not afraid to say "all")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 08:52AM by daniel_c_w.
July 03, 2009 12:36PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Personally, I think SifJar could be a good mod. He's been pretty active recently (and seems to know what he's doin'). What do you think, SifJar?

Awww, thanks. *blushes*. But yeah, I'd be up for it. Although I'll be away for the next 5 days, but after that, I'll be happy to help out.
July 03, 2009 02:13PM
bg4545, daniel_c_w: Request Accepted.

SifJar: Request Denied.

If we can get one or two more accepted requests I'll be good to go.
July 03, 2009 06:04PM
Arikado
Why was SifJar denied?
July 03, 2009 06:08PM
profetylen
Arikado
Why was SifJar denied?
This is not a topic open for debate of who should and shouldn't become moderators.
July 04, 2009 07:06AM
I would be happy to help since the request is still open.
July 04, 2009 02:42PM
ninjafish1990
What sections are you interested in?
July 04, 2009 02:55PM
Thumbs up for bg4545 and daniel_c_w.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 03:05PM by alainvey.
July 04, 2009 06:40PM
alainvey
Agreed!
July 05, 2009 05:08AM
Arikado
ninjafish1990
What sections are you interested in?
The Homebrew and Miscellaneous boards.
July 05, 2009 10:22PM
I'll come back if I get it! (I didn't leave really, I just got busy...but I'll rearrange my priorities)

I apply.
July 05, 2009 11:12PM
DrLucky
I'll come back if I get it! (I didn't leave really, I just got busy...but I'll rearrange my priorities)

I apply.
Request accepted
July 06, 2009 11:53PM
WaxyPumpkin72
alainvey
Agreed!

Agreed too ^^
July 13, 2009 06:32PM
Tantric has just become a moderator.

And I've sent requests to admins to add bg4545, daniel_c_w, and DrLucky to our list of moderators as well. We'll see how this all plays out...
July 17, 2009 01:11AM
:)

sounds awesome...

I'm geting an iPhone soon (hacked - thanks marcan!) so I'll be on the site a LOT more often...
July 18, 2009 11:52PM
DrLucky
:)

sounds awesome...

I'm geting an iPhone soon (hacked - thanks marcan!) so I'll be on the site a LOT more often...

As am I, thanks to work!!
August 12, 2009 11:51PM
I would love to help however i am new here so i wouldnt be surprised if I was denied.... of course if i am i will wait until i am a more established user.
I would volunteer for "all" and i know that this is very unlikely. Here are my top subjects.
1. Getting Started
2. Fixmii (to help even more)
3. Homebrew General
4. Ideas and Requests

Thanks for your time and I eagerly await your reply.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.