Sticky Suggestion

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Sticky Suggestion
September 21, 2009 01:42AM
I've noticed that more and more people are coming to these forums and saying:

"All I get is bubbles, what do I do now?"
"I "modded" my wii and there's no browser. How come its not there?"
and
"I installed bootmii, but how do I make it cheat my games?" (That was a real question.)

Maybe a mod/admin should sticky a topic or make an announcement that states:
What the HBC is for.
Not to install it unless you understand what it is.
That you need to put the apps on yourself, they won't just appear there.

I don't know about everyone else, but I think it would save a lot of trouble instead of just saying the same thing repeatedly to all the people who don't know why "There are only bubbles".

Thanks,
Waxy
Re: Sticky Suggestion
September 21, 2009 01:45AM
I vote for this.... There are so many people that can't figure out why there isn't anything but bubbles.
September 21, 2009 01:46AM
I know. Its actually slightly amusing!(Lol!!) I'm not trying to be mean to n00bs or anything like that, its just that it gets old telling them the same thing over and over again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2009 01:47AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 21, 2009 01:53AM
The bootmii question was hilarious!! People really shouldn't do anything if they don't know it's function...
September 21, 2009 01:55AM
Lol, I know.
September 21, 2009 12:24PM
I'm strongly against it. If they fail to read the other stickies which actually answer some of the questions you posed, what would make them read this one?
September 21, 2009 02:26PM
Actually, he has a point. If they can't even read the big red letters at the front page....
September 21, 2009 06:38PM
Arikado
I'm strongly against it. If they fail to read the other stickies which actually answer some of the questions you posed, what would make them read this one?
lol, I guess thats true. Laziness=Fail. :P
September 21, 2009 10:22PM
I think its a good idea in theory, but as suggested, I doubt the n00bs would read it. It is quite annoying though how a couple of times a week people come on and ask that same question. I mean, if they dont know what HBC is, why do they install it? I wish people would research stuff before leaping into it (like me, I read everything I can find about something I'm going to do to a console homebrew-wise before trying anything, so I know EXACTLY what I'm doing) n00bs dont seem to "get" that you shouldnt just install every random thing you find online.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login