Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Work together: Let's change (fix) our forum!

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Work together: Let's change (fix) our forum!
November 25, 2009 11:12PM
So if the app on th MPlayer CE is legal, then why was I told not to talk about it on here? is it just so dangerous that Wiibrew.org does not want to support it?
November 26, 2009 12:15AM
Crisco
So if the app on th MPlayer CE is legal, then why was I told not to talk about it on here? is it just so dangerous that Wiibrew.org does not want to support it?
Why don't you try following our entire discussion instead of just the bits and pieces of it you want to see? If you did, you would see my contradictory statements suggesting that the app should be removed from the MPlayer CE wiki page.

BTW, thank you very much for contributing to this topic. I appreciate your feedback even though I dont entirely agree with it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 01:36AM by Arikado.
November 26, 2009 12:37AM
I have read through the entire conversation and from what I can see you point is that Dop- IOS MOD can do anything that other app can do while in actual fact it can't, if it was capable of doing everything the other app does then I wouldn't have posted. you need a trucha bugged IOS in the first place to use Dop-IOS MOD which isn't very helpful to people who didn't have homebrew before the system updates. An option of course would be for someone to make a modification of Dop-IOS MOD that includes some code from the original app (with consent of the original Author of course) that can install a patched trucha bugged IOS with out another trucha bugged IOS. I don't know enough about the wii's internal workings to know if it could work, and I'm not sure the original author would give you consent. But either way the Wiibrew Forums need some legal and suported app that's able to install the trucha bug without another trucha bugged IOS.
November 26, 2009 01:03AM
Crisco
But either way the Wiibrew Forums need some legal and suported app that's able to install the trucha bug without another trucha bugged IOS.
And there will be one when WiiBrew condones one. Until then, the WiiBrew Forums will not allow discussion of any of them.

Now, this discussion is becoming ridiculous as I've had to repeat the only truly definitive answer I or anyone else can give for the fifth time now in less than ten posts. Believe it or not, we're all on the same side here and this is becoming very annoying. I'm going to politely ask that all discussion of this cease and desist from here on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 01:03AM by Arikado.
November 26, 2009 01:27AM
I think a decent Wii linux forum would be useful. The information for getting it all set up is kinda of scattered around the place so a forum to help out would be good... maby a sticky or 2 with information about progress and one with how to install?
In general this forum seems to be run quite well. a mod or two could help but it works well.
November 26, 2009 01:34AM
Warpedflash
I think a decent Wii linux forum would be useful. The information for getting it all set up is kinda of scattered around the place so a forum to help out would be good... maby a sticky or 2 with information about progress and one with how to install?
In general this forum seems to be run quite well. a mod or two could help but it works well.
Right. All of the Wii Linux information is scattered throughout multiple Linux wikis (like the Arch wiki), [gc-linux.org], and [wiibrew.org] Since we're the only one of the three that offers a forum specific for Wii, I think we should take advantage of our opportunity to support the growing Wii Linux community.

Thank you very much for your contribution to this topic.
November 26, 2009 01:37AM
Warpedflash
I think a decent Wii linux forum would be useful. The information for getting it all set up is kinda of scattered around the place so a forum to help out would be good... maybe a sticky or 2 with information about progress and one with how to install?
Definitely. What we need are a few more moderators. (Not me, but I doubt you'd think of me for that anyway.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 01:39AM by Hman360.
November 26, 2009 09:38PM
Regarding the trucha bug restorer again:

You all spoke up and the people behind WiiBrew noticed. The trucha bug restorer is now supported by WiiBrew. You can find it here: [wiibrew.org]

Regarding the other suggestions in this thread:

I'm trying to set-up the forum changes and make way for new moderators for sometime this weekend. If anyone has any objections to anything or anymore suggestions, please speak up now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 09:39PM by Arikado.
November 26, 2009 10:35PM
Here's my final crazy ideas!

- How about subareas for sections like :-

Homebrew Applications
- Emulators
- Media
- Games
- Anything Else

Ideas, requests
- Games
- Apps
- Anything Else

If you get the idea. I'm sure we are totally limited by phorum and it's not possible. But finding specific topics would be much easier. I think we are pretty much limited by phorum and another way out suggestion would be to replace it with phpbb (yeah even more crazy!).
November 26, 2009 11:21PM
@scanff

I'm pretty sure Arikado said that the phorum software doesn't support child boards. :`(
November 27, 2009 12:14AM
I like your idea scanff but that's unfortunately not possible with our phorum software. Regarding phorum vs phpbb, I actually like the look of phorum more which is why I joined here in the first place :-P Yes, phorum is lacking in features but maybe one day it will be updated.
November 27, 2009 03:08AM
Yeah I figured it would not be supported :(
November 27, 2009 05:02AM
Arikado

You all spoke up and the people behind WiiBrew noticed. The trucha bug restorer is now supported by WiiBrew. You can find it here: [wiibrew.org]

I'm trying to set-up the forum changes and make way for new moderators for sometime this weekend. If anyone has any objections to anything or anymore suggestions, please speak up now.

wow, this caught me entirely off guard
November 27, 2009 05:48AM
cactusjack901
Arikado

wow, this caught me entirely off guard

same here
November 27, 2009 02:45PM
I dont like the PM system and how you have to scroll down a long list until you find who you want to send your PM to and there's a lot of users who's account is inactive and with lots more people joining the forum the list just keeps on getting longer
November 27, 2009 02:49PM
aidanharris
I dont like the PM system and how you have to scroll down a long list until you find who you want to send your PM to and there's a lot of users who's account is inactive and with lots more people joining the forum the list just keeps on getting longer
FYI, there's a PM button next to each user's name that is displayed when they post. You can just use that for short. Also, when you reply to a PM, you dont need to go through the process of selecting a recipient again.

Like other things people have said in this thread, this phorum software. There's nothing that can be done about it to change it.
November 28, 2009 10:00AM
Hey all. I'm a newb to this scene. I mainly read through the forum comments and answers. But one thing that irritates me more than anything else is people constantly asking for help on stealing video games. The one thing I'd love to see is the BIG RED LETTERS explaining WiiBrew's anti piracy stance at the beginning of any post, right next to the author of the post' name. So anytime they are typing something in, they will be reminded that not only is it not supported here, but that it is wrong.
November 28, 2009 04:46PM
I have an idea. How about getting the e-mail system to work?
November 28, 2009 05:10PM
TopGun96
I have an idea. How about getting the e-mail system to work?
That sounds like a plan. :)
November 29, 2009 03:19AM
Arikado
scanff, I really like your suggestion. I will see if phorum supports subforums, or forums within forums. If it does, I will attempt to get a subforum for what you described made as soon as possible. If subforums aren't supported, I will see about creating a new forum for just what you asked.

Update: Phorum does not support forums. Im not sure if a new forum for your suggestion would be the best idea. Maybe a sticky in Coding linking to coding guides though? (I'll let you author it if you want)

Wait, woah. Phorum does support subforums.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.