Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Work together: Let's change (fix) our forum!

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Work together: Let's change (fix) our forum!
November 29, 2009 03:32AM
What makes you think that, Zack?
I went to their website, and it says they don't support child forums... this administrator says so.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 03:42AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
November 29, 2009 03:40AM
It does? Crap, I must be confused. Sorry.
November 30, 2009 12:30AM
I like the idea of the reminder when posting, that is definitely a good idea...does Phorum support that?
December 02, 2009 02:15PM
I think we should clarify our stance on things a bit.

According to the legendary BIG RED LETTERS, we do support WADs, just not illegal WADs.

I think the best way to handle this would be to refuse to give "general" support for WADs, only support for stuff we support like CustomizeMii.
December 04, 2009 05:11AM
Subject Change:

Would it be possible to give users the option to delete their own posts? I've often been in situations where this would come in handy. What do people think about this?
December 04, 2009 05:44AM
yeah delete own posts!!!!!!!!
i luv that idea
is it possible?
December 04, 2009 06:21AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Subject Change:

Would it be possible to give users the option to delete their own posts? I've often been in situations where this would come in handy. What do people think about this?

yes I agree
December 04, 2009 01:25PM
scanff
WaxyPumpkin72
Subject Change:

yes I agree

I second (or third) this. I have had many instances when I would like to delete my own posts. Does phorum support it?
December 04, 2009 08:30PM
TopGun96
scanff
WaxyPumpkin72
Subject Change:

yes I agree

I second (or third) this. I have had many instances when I would like to delete my own posts. Does phorum support it?
Well, if phorum supports a mod/admin deleting posts, I don't get why they wouldn't let users delete their posts. It would be lame if phorum didn't support it.
December 04, 2009 10:11PM
That would be pretty handy, it makes topics less cluttered if there aren't any "EDIT: Oops, misinformation" style posts.
December 05, 2009 12:10AM
Not going to happen guys. You know how on [insert web site name here] when someone posts a comment and then you pwn them? How about when someone posts a comment and everyone goes offtopic talking about that one comment? Or how about when someone posts something incorrect and you correct them? Either way, the poster deletes their comment and everyone who replied to it looks really bad.

It's easier for me to put up to with deleting a few mistaken posts then for you guys to put up with jerks who delete what they said. Granted, you can just use editing to blank your comment, but at least that way there's still evidence that something was posted.

This feeling is held by several other administrators.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 12:11AM by Arikado.
December 05, 2009 12:17AM
Arikado
Not going to happen guys. You know how on [insert web site name here] when someone posts a comment and then you pwn them? How about when someone posts a comment and everyone goes offtopic talking about that one comment? Or how about when someone posts something incorrect and you correct them? Either way, the poster deletes their comment and everyone who replied to it looks really bad.

It's easier for me to put up to with deleting a few mistaken posts then for you guys to put up with jerks who delete what they said. Granted, you can just use editing to blank your comment, but at least that way there's still evidence that something was posted.

Never thought of it that way, very good point.
December 05, 2009 01:13AM
SifJar
Arikado

Never thought of it that way, very good point.

Now that you make me look at it from that point of view, you are right....
December 05, 2009 01:47AM
Arikado

*Sigh* Sad, but true. You're right.
December 05, 2009 11:02PM
SimpsonsJunkie
Hey all. I'm a newb to this scene. I mainly read through the forum comments and answers. But one thing that irritates me more than anything else is people constantly asking for help on stealing video games. The one thing I'd love to see is the BIG RED LETTERS explaining WiiBrew's anti piracy stance at the beginning of any post, right next to the author of the post' name. So anytime they are typing something in, they will be reminded that not only is it not supported here, but that it is wrong.
I agree with this. It does it on the wiki when you're posting, but not here...
December 06, 2009 06:36AM
WaxyPumpkin72
It does it on the wiki when you're posting, but not here...
Phorum software limitation.
December 06, 2009 06:43AM
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
It does it on the wiki when you're posting, but not here...
Phorum software limitation.
Ah, I see. Thats too bad.
December 06, 2009 01:47PM
I can see only two "problems" that could be fixed in some future :)
1) buggy parser:
Forum tries to parse < > lines even when someone is pasting what file he included in code by #include
so instead of getting for example
#include < stdlib.h > (without spaces)
we get just
#include

2) Avatars
what about adding option to use avatar? even small like 50x50 or 100x100 pixels, it will be more fun and colourful here :)
December 06, 2009 01:50PM
iSubaru: tbh, I think avatars look pretty tacky, and am very glad this forum does NOT have them.
December 06, 2009 02:20PM
SifJar
iSubaru: tbh, I think avatars look pretty tacky, and am very glad this forum does NOT have them.
Ditto.

Regarding your 1), thats a phorum problem. Nothing we can do about that.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.