Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiBrew Creation Tool for Beginner Programmers

Posted by LordAshes 
Re: WiiBrew Creation Tool for Beginner Programmers
January 13, 2010 05:33AM
No, I'm not Cornell. As it will be discovered much later in the communication, his assumption was based upon a message a friend sent him claiming that I seemed remarkably similar to this Cornell. It was a slim hunch, but he apparently hates this guy so much for some reason that he will threaten any person who even remotely sounds like him with a lawsuit. Unlike you suggested and unlike I originally thought, he has no form of "proof" beyond this speculation. As you'll read tomorrow, he's not even sure if all of the spam he's received is from the same person but he guesses it must all be from this Cornell fellow. It's all speculation and I'm disgusted that he had the nerve to attack me like this with no claim even remotely backed up with some real evidence whatsoever.
January 13, 2010 08:52AM
Once again, Arikado, sorry for jumping to conclusions thinking that you were cornell. That was my bad.

A lot of people hate my product, but I can't see why. It opens wii development to many people who would otherwise be unable to do it. You may suspect that the quality of this work may be substandard, but no one says you have to play it. And there may be some users eventually who push this software to its limits just as GameMaker is pushed to its limits.

I really hope you can see this software in a different way and if you do not like it, no body is making you use it. There is not need to 'hate' it.
January 13, 2010 01:13PM
He never has used it. However, he is the administrator of a forum, and he wants to set a policy on this. I don't think you coming here will do anything to change his mind, honestly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 01:13PM by WikiFSX.
January 13, 2010 04:32PM
That wasn't my intention. My intention was to work out why people dont like my product.
January 13, 2010 06:29PM
people dont like it cause its illegal, and yet could so easily be made legal by adding a couple of files to the download.
January 13, 2010 08:07PM
And this is going to be done for the next release.
January 13, 2010 10:09PM
Well, until then may I perhaps suggest you temporarily remove the download? I am very happy that you are adding the necessary licenses to your product.
January 13, 2010 10:35PM
licenses and the names of GRRlib should be mentioned, and if you changed the code of libogc/GRRlib you should also note which parts were changed (or provide a diff/patch to show what parts were changed)
those are the laws the code laid down upon you and you ignored.

and now to loose my temper a bit:

why the FUCK do you wanna try and earn money with something like that ?!
thats just saaaaaad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 10:43PM by dacotaco.
January 13, 2010 10:42PM
January 13, 2010 10:47PM
dacotaco
why the FUCK do you wanna try and earn money with something like that ?!
thats just saaaaaad

lol.

BTW. fatquack, you're also going to get in trouble for sending information to your server without informing the user. You need to inform the user that you're sending information to your server, even if it's to verify license information. What you're doing is wrong and probably illegal in some countries.
January 13, 2010 11:56PM
Just a question, why is this product any more morally wrong than Game Maker?
January 14, 2010 01:08AM
WikiFSX
Just a question, why is this product any more morally wrong than Game Maker?

It's not wrong if it includes the correct licenses.
January 14, 2010 01:20AM
Speaking on an issue strictly of morals unsupported by any law, I believe the moral debate is that most people expect something like WiiGameStudio to be free since it A)Develops unofficial software to be ran via freely available hacks and since it is B)Based upon GPL licensed code.
January 15, 2010 02:59AM
fatquack,

When you first sent me that e-mail, I was very startled and then later very infuriated when I learned you had no basis of actual proof upon which you accused me of.

Now that I have had a couple of days to cool off and clearly think over what has happened, I want to publicly say one last thing to you:

I am going to completely let go of all that has happened between us.

I do not regret anything I said or that I did, but having said that I do not want you to live with the burden of your mistake or have your online identity plagued by it. There have been way too many times in the Wii homebrew "scene" when one person has attempted to ruin the reputation of another and I do not wish to play a role in another one of these battles. I have too little time and too much talent to spend bickering with you any longer and I believe you are in the same boat as I in these regards.

I truly hope that one day you legalize your product, make it free for all people, and release the source code to it so that we may one day have a true Wii gamemaker community. Until that day comes, it is not unlikely that you will continue to receive problems from many more obnoxious people. I hope this whole escapade between us has taught you to better deal with those unavoidable occurrences in the future and not end up creating more problems for yourself like you did by attacking me for almost no reason.

I pursued the removal of your product from paypal but it has been almost a week and I have not received a response from them. With that in mind, I will not personally pursue the removal of your product from paypal any longer. Should anyone else wish to carry on where I left off though, I will surely support them so long as your product remains illegal (seriously dude, it takes three minutes to fixed the legality issue -- do it already :p).

Well now it's time for me to close this message for you. I've made several very important points in this post that I hope you will take note of. You are certainly welcome to continue to post on this forum so long as you do not break any of the rules (this goes for all members though ;P).

--Arikado

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 02:59AM by Arikado.
January 15, 2010 05:17PM
Thank you for your generosity and I am glad we are in agreement that the Wii Homebrew community would be better if we all supported each other instead of flaming in an immature fashion over very little. Very little needs to be done to my product for there to be no legal discrepancies over it, needless to say they will be done by the next release, as I have explained many times.

Happy Coding - FatQuack
August 02, 2010 11:03PM
So what happened to all the stuff in the game studio forums? I never did get to read any of it other than what I found using the google cache option on a few searches. Seems after reading through 3 pages here and then a huge number of other pages on other sites, I am pretty convinced that The whole site should be taken down. I understand this is the first post in 7 months to this thread but hey...

Edit: Also looks like FatQuack has become a ideal member here. It states that he was last online when he made his last post. The one on top of me ^
I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 11:05PM by zeveroth.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login