Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

region free address

Posted by Jigen 
region free address
February 19, 2009 03:52AM
Both starfall and preloader fail to make my Wii region free. GeckoOS and MenuLoader both do though. Problem is, those are only temporary. Now, my thought is that somewhere along the lines the areas where region detection take place in the Wad's code was modified, thus patching with preloader's hacks.ini patches the wrong location.
Menu loader displays what its patching, but goes by far too fast to read. Tried recording it with camera, but isn't legible enough. So I guess my question is, is there any way to figure out what addresses in code I need to patch?
Re: region free address
February 19, 2009 05:44AM
Jigen
Both starfall and preloader fail to make my Wii region free. GeckoOS and MenuLoader both do though. Problem is, those are only temporary. Now, my thought is that somewhere along the lines the areas where region detection take place in the Wad's code was modified, thus patching with preloader's hacks.ini patches the wrong location.
Menu loader displays what its patching, but goes by far too fast to read. Tried recording it with camera, but isn't legible enough. So I guess my question is, is there any way to figure out what addresses in code I need to patch?
What system menu do you have?
You could "downgrade" to the same system number you have and it should reset everything, i have done this a number of times, its the closest thing you can safely do to "reload" it. (You do have to reinstall all hacks, (not channels))
February 19, 2009 02:45PM
I had previously been using 3.3U (version 1 I believe, not positive though) Had also installed the patched Wii shop channel. Then later downgraded to 3.2U. Installed both 3.2J and 3.2U a few times now. Doesn't matter if I do a fresh install and then starfall, or install then preloader, still get no region free.
February 19, 2009 03:51PM
Jigen, how did you put wads from different regions on your wii?
February 20, 2009 01:31AM
Arikado
Jigen, how did you put wads from different regions on your wii?
I mean just with like the patch for the shop channel and such, maybe something there altered the code inside the Wii, or other homebrew apps modifying something. Haven't done actual stuff with wads myself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login