Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Write protected disk...

Posted by Hippochinfat 
Write protected disk...
August 23, 2008 12:33AM
I had to get a new SD card since the last one broke (This was a problem on the last one however right before it broke) and I'm trying to reinstall Ocarina but the problem is when I try to save it to the direct root of the SD card it says "This disk is write protected". Why is this happening? I've tried moving that white sliding thing on the side of the card up and down but it hasn't done anything. Someone please help.
Re: Write protected disk...
August 23, 2008 12:36AM
Can you at least run apps with it through the HBC?
August 23, 2008 12:57AM
No because I can't put anything onto the SD card or format it right now.
August 23, 2008 01:01AM
Put it into your Wii. Go to the data management screen in your Wii. Click on the SanDisk. Tell me what happens.
August 23, 2008 01:32AM
It shows nothing on it. Homebrew apps don't work, I've tried it to be sure.
August 24, 2008 04:53PM
I had a similar issue. What worked for me was to re-format the SD card using the software from this site:

http://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/

-Santa
August 24, 2008 08:51PM
SantaCode
I had a similar issue. What worked for me was to re-format the SD card using the software from this site:

http://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/

-Santa

I installed that and it still says "It's write protected please turn off the write protection switch" and the switch IS off.

Taping it doesn't work either. This is really annoying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 09:12PM by Hippochinfat.
August 25, 2008 01:58AM
i was gonna suggest taping it cause thats what happened to me and i just taped the switch to the "unlocked" position
i'm out of ideas
August 26, 2008 05:48PM
This happens to me all the time, just keep taking it out and putting it back in. I fit still doesn't work try using a different device to format it, like a camera, then insert back into the computer, and format to FAT 16. Other than that, not a clue.
August 27, 2008 03:08PM
it usually means your SD slot is busted, as there is a sensor that detects the switch when the write protection is off, and that can malfunction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login