Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can no longer connect to Wifi? Nintendo banned me?

Posted by BlueFace845 
Can no longer connect to Wifi? Nintendo banned me?
March 19, 2009 05:00AM
I can no longer access Wifi on my Wii I get error 20102. I looked it up at Nintendo Support it says something about unauthorized activity of Nintendo Wii Wifi.

The games and everything else all say "Error Code: 20102".

Has this ever happened to anyone? Do I need to reformat my Wii or something to fix it?
Re: Can no longer connect to Wifi? Nintendo banned me?
March 19, 2009 05:10AM
I guess you got caught cheating in an online game... I'm not sure what would solve that...
March 19, 2009 05:17AM
Is there any kinda of app that will let me save my Brawl data then so I can format my Wii?
March 19, 2009 05:33AM
If you're on a system menu lower than 3.4 you can use Gecko OS (Reboot with hooks) and copy it with the Wii's Data Management
March 19, 2009 05:40AM
*sigh* doesn't work. It still says "Cannot be copied". Is there no other way to save this? I'm on 3.3U btw so I don't know why it doesn't work :(
March 19, 2009 05:51AM
March 19, 2009 06:15AM
Ughhhh... why is nothing working for me tonight? :( I put the save extractor and installer in the apps folder, but the Homebrew Channel doesn't show them at all. I even removed everything else but those 2 and Homebrew Channel shows nothing :(
March 19, 2009 06:20AM
Make sure they're named "boot.dol" (or maybe boot.elf?) and are in their own folders in the apps folder
SD:\apps\Save Extractor\boot.dol
March 19, 2009 09:20PM
dude when ur using the gecko os reboote, you go to rebooter options where it says: Remove copy flags make sure its YES then you press b to load the rebooter, NOW try copying your save
March 19, 2009 09:23PM
Change your Ip address?
Ask your ISP they could probably restatic it, or if your dynamic, just wait till it releases.
March 19, 2009 10:23PM
well, fessup, what were you doing? using a backup? cheating? mod chip? why did you get this error?
March 21, 2009 09:49PM
I can't find that error on Nintendos support my self.. x_x;

Edit: Found it.. put the right code in now. xD; Ignore my previous edit if you saw.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 09:54PM by cuber.
March 21, 2009 09:52PM
March 21, 2009 09:55PM
Arikado
http://hackmii.com/2009/03/nintendo-wfc-ban-rumors/

Saw that earlier, then I came here to see the thread on it. Kinda, sorta worrying... I'll be sad if I loose my online play. :(
March 21, 2009 09:55PM
[url=http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/index.jsp
Nintendo Support[/url]]Error Code: 20102
This error code indicates some type of unauthorized activity has occured in an online feature of a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection game.

and, on a separate note, I don't think this is correct at all

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 09:57PM by bg4545.
March 21, 2009 10:00PM
cuber
Arikado
http://hackmii.com/2009/03/nintendo-wfc-ban-rumors/

Saw that earlier, then I came here to see the thread on it. Kinda, sorta worrying... I'll be sad if I loose my online play. :(
I'm gonna say that most, if not all, of the people claiming to be banned is bullshit. If you were banned, I 100% guarantee its not because of having the HBC installed. Lastly, reliable sources of information claim to be cheating in public matches and not having any problems.
March 21, 2009 10:02PM
bg4545
[url=http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/errors/index.jsp
Nintendo Support[/url]]Error Code: 20102
This error code indicates some type of unauthorized activity has occured in an online feature of a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection game.

and, on a separate note, I don't think this is correct at all
That was the link someone was spamming WiiBrew with. Its nothing but an attempt to panic people. Do not listen to it. It is complete bullshit. Both marcan and I (as well as many others) can testify to having not been banned even though we tried to be.
March 21, 2009 10:34PM
Well I'm on Animal crossing LGTTC (CF..) right now and my gates open fine.. so yeah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 10:38PM by cuber.
March 24, 2009 02:00AM
that's BS like Arikado said. I cheat all the time on Brawl against my friends (they never know why i always get the smash ball), but i've never used cheats against random people. maybe it only catches you if it's public?

offtopic blurb: when i type in arikado, Firefox has the Word style lines under words, arikado replacement words are Aarika, mikado, Klarika, and Ariadne. weird........
March 24, 2009 03:01AM
z400100500
that's BS like Arikado said. I cheat all the time on Brawl against my friends (they never know why i always get the smash ball), but i've never used cheats against random people. maybe it only catches you if it's public?
That's not very nice.. >.>;

I'm kind of curious though, how can they not see something is up if you always get it? I mean.. you have to go after it and break it.. >.>;
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login