Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The difference between Savegame installer/extractor and copying them yourself.

Posted by ChuckBartowski 
Why do you need to use save game extractor or installer when you can copy them yourself. Example: When i installed HBC, both the first and second time, i used the save manager in the system settings menu to copy my save to my SD, then my PC, and when i was done with twilight hack and installing HBC, Copied it back to the SD and then wii. This process works fine for me every time, So what is save game installer or extractor even used for. Also i heard something about using Gecko OS to restart with hooks and then use the wii file manager.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 12:22AM by ChuckBartowski.
the save game installer or extractor is for copying game saves that can not be copied from the Wii menu (like Mario Kart)
DrLucky
the save game installer or extractor is for copying game saves that can not be copied from the Wii menu (like Mario Kart)

So games that get the "this file cannot be copied" message when trying to transfer it to the sd card would actually transfer with this? Games like accf
yep, it should...that is the point...if not, you can use gecko OS with hooks...
Why are there certain games that wont copy anyway. I thought they all would. as far as i no all my nintendo made games(Zelda, Super mario galaxy, and SSBB) all copy to the SD fine. Is there a specific reason why some dont?
I think they don't want some games to be copied, they can add that "protection"
Hmmm. Thats just weird to me. I guess Nintendo is just always weird. I mean who names a game console Wii?!?! Jk.
DrLucky

How would geckoOS help?
Re: The difference between Savegame installer/extractor and copying them yourself.
March 21, 2009 02:12PM
thenewguy
DrLucky

How would geckoOS help?
Gecko OS will remove copy protection on saves when it reboots the system menu with its hooks.
Re: The difference between Savegame installer/extractor and copying them yourself.
March 21, 2009 02:51PM
ChuckBartowski
Why are there certain games that wont copy anyway. I thought they all would. as far as i no all my nintendo made games(Zelda, Super mario galaxy, and SSBB) all copy to the SD fine. Is there a specific reason why some dont?
SSBB is one of the protected games that can not be copied with out some hax. xP
Arikado
thenewguy
DrLucky

How would geckoOS help?
Gecko OS will remove copy protection on saves when it reboots the system menu with its hooks.

I have fw v3.4U and i dont think i can use geckoOS to reboot with hooks. I will probaly need to use the save game installer\extracter to copy accf and ghost squad
yep, gecko doesnt work on 3.4
DrLucky

Does geckoOS not work at all on 3.4 or is it just hooks that doesnt work
March 22, 2009 04:26PM
thenewguy
DrLucky

Just the hooks.
thenewguy
DrLucky

yeah, sorry, I meant with hooks...
DrLucky
thenewguy
DrLucky

yeah, sorry, I meant with hooks...

I think i understand hooks now. If you reboot with hooks (from geckOS) you can apply the codes in the sd card to the game through the disk channel? And also, why doesnt hooks work on fw v3.4, is it blocked by something?
March 22, 2009 07:37PM
3.4 changes the system menu so that it can no longer be loaded.
March 22, 2009 09:23PM
Saves you can't copy use Nintendo Wifi Connection.
agoaj
Saves you can't copy use Nintendo Wifi Connection.
How? do you mean saves that you cant copy normally or saves you cant copy with save game installer?

Arikado- Yet another thing 3.4 blocks. Firmware version 3.4 sucks, it blocks tons of things. However, im still not risking downgrading

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 11:28PM by thenewguy.
March 22, 2009 11:28PM
@thenewguy
I dont want you to downgrade.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login