Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bad Banners And Discs

Posted by pinball Wizard 
Bad Banners And Discs
August 08, 2008 03:56AM
So I know to actually attempt this it would involve a modchip and system menu 3.2 or older for the bug truncha bug but listen me out please.

Say I have a disc I made that the banner is bad so when the menu goes to load it being accident prone as it is once the disc channel actually loads the disc the system menu in theory would freeze and you would be stuck. Could you reboot the system and eject the disc before it loads again? Just curious on how the Wii handles the more out there type of things like that and what would need to be built in a custom menu to protect from bricking issues.
Re: Bad Banners And Discs
August 09, 2008 11:34AM
Well you can turn off the Wii and press the eject button and it automatically turns on the Wii and ejects the disk before it enters the system menu.
Re: Bad Banners And Discs
August 18, 2008 05:54PM
So this would be a credible method for proving new System Menu patches to create anti-bricks? I want to do some serious lower level scripting towards the wii's Bad Banner handling and want to test but obviously I have no backup to run if I am screwed with a bad HBC I file I could create for a test.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login