Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiPhysics as base for game (breadface contact??)

Posted by infantilo 
WiiPhysics as base for game (breadface contact??)
August 30, 2008 08:32PM
Hi!
Do you think, wiiphysics could be used as base for an great multiplayer platform game (there's an similar game on other consoles, where you can solve problems only together. one will have to fly up to reach an rope where the others can handle up)
If there'd be a kind of level-editor for the WiiPhysics, where you can build a a level exact you can do it now and save it. In the game you'd load this level and all (yes i know, its not easy) to add would be the characters for each wiimote.
PLZ let me know what you think of this idea.
I've good programming skills in realbasic, vb6, javascript,dhtml BUT only basic skills in c :-(
But I'd be very interested in this project, so any comment is welcome.

your's
Peter

By the was: MANY thanks to all the coders of homebrew apps and the hbchannel!!!!
Re: WiiPhysics as base for game (breadface contact??)
August 31, 2008 01:19AM
Well it would be interesting to see what you could do with it but just so you know his name is beardface not breadface.
August 31, 2008 02:00AM
It's not too hard all things considered given that every object in wiiPhysics is individual and has an "alive" parameter that decides what happens to it in simulation. I think your idea is very reachable, you just need to find someone to put your ideas into code :)
August 31, 2008 01:40PM
first sorry for misspelling beardface!! (writing faster than thinking is never a good idea) and thanks for replys.
hmmm.. so heres a new starting point for me...where to find hobby coders, that would be interested in that project,too??
August 31, 2008 02:05PM
Perhaps on the wiibrew forums :o or in the help wanted section on www.gamedev.net or on the wiibrew help section
August 31, 2008 11:06PM
has anyone seen armadillo run?

i presume this is the type of game you are talking about?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login