Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would Nintendo fix a hacked Wii?

Posted by Makkun 
Would Nintendo fix a hacked Wii?
October 19, 2008 12:40AM
I've been helping people soft-mod their Wiis for a few days now, and I've heard a few times "If something happens to my Wii, could I still send it to Nintendo for them to fix? What would happen if they found the Twilight Hack or Homebrew Channel on my Wii?"

I don't know how to answer these people. So I'm asking you, should I tell these people that if bricking is the case, that there are brickfixes out there for them to save themselves? (Most people would only be getting banner bricks imo)

Or, if bricking isn't the case, just for any other reason one would have to send a Wii to Nintendo for.. would Nintendo detect the mods, and if so, what would happen? Does anybody know at this point?
Re: Would Nintendo fix a hacked Wii?
October 19, 2008 01:47AM
Well, if it's bricked, just tell them to use the brickfixer. If it is just a normal thing, I don't know what to tell you. There have been stories of people with the homebrew channel who sent their Wii in for repairs of some kind and it returning with homebrew still on there, but I would still try to avoid it. If it isn't bricked, use Wanikoko's WAD uninstaller to uninstall the HBC and then delete the Twilight Hack save file before you send it in for repairs.
If it is bricked, then you can't send it in.
October 19, 2008 02:29PM
If you send it in with the HBC, supposedly it comes back without the HBC, and the latest firmware.
October 19, 2008 05:59PM
Arikado
If you send it in with the HBC, supposedly it comes back without the HBC, and the latest firmware.

... which is to say "they send you a new (refurbished) Wii", and don't generally take the time to look at your old one before throwing it into the pile.
October 20, 2008 02:02AM
Thanks for the help! This is just the info I needed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login