Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just a few homebrew ideas

Posted by moosehunter 
Just a few homebrew ideas
October 26, 2008 03:47AM
Okay, so most everyone reading this post knows how annoying it is to have to scroll through pages and pages of homebrew applications in the HBC to get to some you frequently use. You can add a space in front of a title to bring it to the front, but that looks bad and doesn't give most people as much control as they'd like.
So, I was thinking about this, and came up with an idea, why not have a priority tag in the meta.xml in the next release of the Homebrew channel where you could enter a value for the priority and the HBC would sort first by priority (lowest numbers first) and then alphabetically.
For Example you could could have your most used games as priority 1, emulators at 10, media players at 20, leaving room in between if you ever want to add anything else so you don't have to redo anything.

This next idea will probably not be implemented for various reasons, but...
We can already load nes snes etc. roms off an external USB hard drive, but wouldn't it be cool to backup our wii/gamecube games onto the HDD and play them from there, you wouldn't ever have to swap games again (at least not until you got a new game). Also it would be awesome to have a media play that would play back DVDs from the harddrive, thats about 200 Wii games (I hope you don't have near that many) and/or DVDs on a 1TB drive.
Like i said before, I don't know if this can actually be done because of the fact that it could be abused by pirates, or because it might not even be possible.
So, there are a few random ideas that I've thought of, someone's probably mentioned these before, but oh well...
Re: Just a few homebrew ideas
October 26, 2008 12:03PM
moosehunter
This next idea will probably not be implemented for various reasons, but...
We can already load nes snes etc. roms off an external USB hard drive, but wouldn't it be cool to backup our wii/gamecube games onto the HDD and play them from there, you wouldn't ever have to swap games again (at least not until you got a new game). Also it would be awesome to have a media play that would play back DVDs from the harddrive, thats about 200 Wii games (I hope you don't have near that many) and/or DVDs on a 1TB drive.
Like i said before, I don't know if this can actually be done because of the fact that it could be abused by pirates, or because it might not even be possible.
So, there are a few random ideas that I've thought of, someone's probably mentioned these before, but oh well...

Okies the backup loader is a big nono...
but there are media players that support loading from an external hdd.... geexbox for example... thats all i rely use it for...
Re: Just a few homebrew ideas
October 26, 2008 07:25PM
meh HBC suggestions + warez
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.