Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiimotes

Posted by Namo 
Wiimotes
October 14, 2008 10:28AM
I know I cant be the only one with this problem.

Why would people bother making multiplayer homebrew if there is no way to add more wiimotes? Shouldn't the homebrew channel have an add wiimote function, or is there some sort of app that can add wiimotes?
Re: Wiimotes
October 14, 2008 10:56AM
I don't know what problem you're on about. Wiiuse supports all 4 wiimotes, and by extension, all the homebrew games and applications are capable of using all 4 wiimotes

The homebrew channel itself only supports one, because why would you need two? You can't pick two different games to play at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 10:57AM by whodares.
October 14, 2008 11:01AM
The problem is.. well, let me give you my scenario

I downloaded a game called "Wiiero" that is multiplayer, but it says it needs both wiimotes connected before running the game. This confuses me, since only one Wiimote works on the Homebrew channel. So how can you have both wiimotes connected before running the game if the homebrew channel deactivates any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th wiimote?

Wiiero doesnt have a wiimote addition function, along with most of the emulators I have and WiiMahjong.
October 14, 2008 11:22AM
I'm actually at work, so I can't check, but I still believe you can connect your second wiimote in the homebrew channel, it just won't display a pointer on the screen.

Have you tried pressing any buttons on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th wiimotes after loading up the games? (afterall, as the homebrew channel starts a homebrew application, it disconnects the wiimotes anyway) All the ones I've done let them connect and I've never had any problems
October 14, 2008 11:37AM
I do press buttons on the 2nd and so on Wiimotes, but the LED lights just flash and then turn off.
Like this:

-off-

The lights flash 3 or so times and then just turn off. When I press a button again, the same thing happens.

This Wiiuse thing you talked about, can it be added to programs?
October 14, 2008 12:44PM
I haven't tried Wiiero, but I've had both my Wiimotes connected to the HBC together many times before; it connects but the HBC basically ignores its input (the lights will blink and then the second LED will stay lit, indicating second player). There's no reason why it shouldn't work (as far as I know wiiuse doesn't provide a way to "reject" Wiimote connections)... Is said Wiimote synchronized with your Wii, and works with normal Wii software/games? I really don't know what else could be the problem.

This Wiiuse thing you talked about, can it be added to programs?
Wiiuse is the Wiimote programming library included with libogc; every piece of Wii homebrew to date that supports the Wiimote uses it.

As for using the second Wiimote with Wiiero, have you tried pressing a button on the Wiimote just before you launch the game? If you time it properly you might get it working...
October 14, 2008 02:13PM
Hi Namo,

I had the same problem. The solution is very easy: you have to register also the second Wiimote at your Wii.
Do this by pressing the red button near the batteries on the Wiimote and the red button near the SD-slot at the Wii,
which should be running.
So when both Wiimotes are registered and you start a game in the HBC the second mote is added by simply
pressing the A button.

Hope this helps...
October 14, 2008 04:55PM
Had the same problem forever, until I synced each wiimote individually to my Wii console.
October 15, 2008 07:11AM
Would pressing 1+2 also work?
October 15, 2008 04:56PM
No, not unless they're each synced up.
October 17, 2008 05:31AM
Sometimes syncing them doesn't work, or takes a few tries... and the 1+2 method is only a temp solution; you have to go into your home panel and set them.
October 17, 2008 04:59PM
Williaint
Sometimes syncing them doesn't work, or takes a few tries... and the 1+2 method is only a temp solution; you have to go into your home panel and set them.

Syncing them in the HOME panel doesn't carry over to the HBC. I've tried that multiple times before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 05:00PM by Arikado.
November 28, 2008 04:50AM
I was having the exact same problem described above with wiiero. I used the red button near the sd slot of the console and the red buttons in the battery area of the wiimotes to sync two wiimotes to the system. I had to redo it once, but after that the problem was solved. When I started homebrew, the second wiimote would turn off, or the lights would go dark, but once I pressed some buttons on it, it would light and would register as player 2. The method described above worked for me. Thanks heli and everyone else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login