Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Speak (was "Just curious...")

Posted by smk2 
Wii Speak (was "Just curious...")
December 07, 2008 03:57PM
Can anything be done with Wii Speak at all? Like... make it function for online games that didn't have it before? (i.e: Brawl). I mean, Wii Speak IS a channel... (or has one rather) would there be anyway to make it function WHILE you're playing Brawl? (As in, the channel is on or Brawl recognizes Wii Speak).

I'm just curious is all. >_>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2008 03:27AM by bushing.
Re: Just curious...
December 07, 2008 04:21PM
Hmmm, seen this thread before-
[forum.wiibrew.org]
December 07, 2008 06:17PM
It could be theoretically done. Using hooks, that is. However, it would only work if both people had the code on.
December 07, 2008 07:01PM
A little offtopic, but I'd love an app that allows people to join togather online and talk using wiispeak with no friend codes.
December 10, 2008 02:49AM
strongfan
It could be theoretically done. Using hooks, that is. However, it would only work if both people had the code on.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of without a code, unless that's impossible. Has anyone been messing with Wii Speak at all that we know of? D:
December 10, 2008 11:04AM
smk2
strongfan

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of without a code, unless that's impossible. Has anyone been messing with Wii Speak at all that we know of? D:

What Strongfan meant was both people would need to be running the hooks enabling the mic, not that you need friend codes.
December 10, 2008 09:38PM
Oh, okay, that would work kinda nice I suppose. It'd be even nicer if it worked without both people needing the hooks but, it'd be better than nothing.
December 10, 2008 10:21PM
And somebody would have to set up a server, too.
December 11, 2008 04:42PM
strongfan
And somebody would have to set up a server, too.

There is no need for an additional server.
If the adress of one participant is known, that would be enough for people to connect.

Of course a master server with a public know address would be nice.
Can any of the existing Instant Messaging Networks be used with a very small codebase?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2008 04:45PM by daniel_c_w.
December 13, 2008 03:31PM
daniel_c_w
Can any of the existing Instant Messaging Networks be used with a very small codebase?

THAT would be fricken sweet, especially if it could be run while playing the game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login