Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can i install the Homebrew Channel using an MMC???

Posted by Funk 
Can i install the Homebrew Channel using an MMC???
December 30, 2008 03:15AM
Hey people, i know with the fact that MMC's are pretty much obsolete that this is a silly question, but atm i have like 5 of them lying around and if i can use one of them itd be easier than going and buying one.

Can you install the Homebrew channel and hold the applications on an MMC???

Thanks alot
;)
Re: Can i install the Homebrew Channel using an MMC???
December 30, 2008 04:28PM
what's an MMC?
A gamecube MeMoryCard?

You can't use them to install the HBC right now, but maybe somebody has written homebrew, that can run from it.
December 30, 2008 04:32PM
I'm assume he's referring to MultiMedia Cards (kinda like SD cards). The Wii only has an SD slot, and the Twilight hack doesn't load DOLs from the USB port (AFAIK)
December 30, 2008 04:33PM
I think MMC means MultiMedia Card. SD and MMC cards are similar, but not identical. Officially, Wii does not support this kind of card, so you can't use on HBC. But of course, you can just stick the MMC in the console and see if works.
December 31, 2008 09:24AM
MMC might have the same interface, and it might just work since probably a lot of SD card readers also support MMC. You should probably just try it and let us know how it works, I'm kind of curious now.

MMCs are just a little thinner than SD cards and fit in the same slot (I think) for those that didn't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 09:25AM by iofthestorm.
December 31, 2008 06:22PM
They don't work in wii IIRC.
December 31, 2008 07:28PM
go ahead and try because I want to see if yours works too... my MMC 32 mb. that came with my Cannon camera didnt work...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login