Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Installer issue

Posted by Budley 
Homebrew Installer issue
December 31, 2008 09:20PM
I've looked around on the forums and not found anything related to the issue that I am having. I'm trying to run Homebrew 1.0.1. I get all the way to the installer screen. It checks the sytem info and gives me the following: Error checking the System Menu Version!

After that, it gives me the accept or decline options. Accepting takes me back to the main menu. I'm running menu version 2.2U. Is it a compatibility issue? Have I missed something? This is my first attempt at running Homebrew. I've tried a few different things. Nothing seems to be working thus far.
Re: Homebrew Installer issue
December 31, 2008 09:33PM
Make sure you're using beta 1 of the twilight hack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2008 09:34PM by Arikado.
January 01, 2009 01:44AM
Try using AnyReigion Changer (named boot.dol in the root of the SD card) and update to 3.2 first :).
January 01, 2009 04:49AM
I am using beta 1 of twilight hack. I can get clear up to loading the homebrew app. It seems I am failing to make it through the initial checks done by Homebrew in order to install.

I have been wondering if the early system menu version could have possibly been giving me some kind of issue. However, I have gotten no indication that it would be a problem from scanning through the forums. It looked to me that the program has been around a while. In fact, I'm sure it started on versions of the sytem menu closer to what I have. Perhaps something has been lost in the updates made to Homebrew in order to keep up with the updates from Nintendo. Any good ways to update short of connecting to the internet or buying a new game? Not sure how AnyRegion Changer will help me either. Then again, I am new at this.
January 01, 2009 05:46AM
AnyRegion Changer allows you to upgrade/downgrade to 3.2 system menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 05:47AM by bg4545.
January 01, 2009 06:53AM
Hmm...after trying AnyRegion Changer and doing some research on similar programs, it seems you need a network connection in order to upgrade/downgrade. I was not able to change my system menu version using AnyRegion Changer.

On an unrelated note, I tried a different SD card with the same result as before. I still get the system menu version error.
January 01, 2009 07:06AM
Ah...
Then I guess your only other option is to get a game with an update. This should help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login