Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Wii wants to update when i use Mario Kart Game

Posted by smurff30 
My Wii wants to update when i use Mario Kart Game
January 20, 2009 02:06PM
Should i let my system update?

when i put my Mario Kart disc in the wii the disc channel says wii update, i am on 3.2 wii menu and want to stay on this, i have installed and run GeckoOS, will i be ok to use the update now that geckoOS has been installed?

Could someone explain the to me GeckoOS in full and what it is used for as im not entirely sure of its full useage?

Thanks in advance....
Re: My Wii wants to update when i use Mario Kart Game
January 20, 2009 11:17PM
smurff30, I have the 3.4 version and the GeckOs works. I never used it on 3.2 because I upgraded before I got Homebrew. I have a question for you though: how did you get your codes to work on mario Kart? do you need to install a code reader with the code? I have a mac so i used textedit to copy/paste the code from usbgecko and from there I deleted all of the "finish automatically" and "item during time trial codes" so that my only code is "always have an item." anyway, I saw this code used on youtube so I'm pretty sure it can be used on its own without the other codes that I didn't want. I tried once by filling in the two XX for the numbers and also substituting Y with one and substituting the AAAAAs for the gamecube controller, another time just filling in the XX and Y, and another time only filling in the XX. then I used txt2gct and it changed the .txt document into a .gct document named "codes.gct" which i put on the SD card. However, when Gecko OS comes up and I press launch game, it says "no codes found on SD card." do you know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks, WhopperJr
January 20, 2009 11:26PM
This brings me to another question: is Ocarina Gecko OS, or is it something separate? is that what i need to read the codes?
January 20, 2009 11:43PM
use WiiBrickBlocker ?
January 21, 2009 12:39AM
WhopperJr
This brings me to another question: is Ocarina Gecko OS, or is it something separate? is that what i need to read the codes?

the newer Gecko OS has both incorporated...
January 21, 2009 02:59AM
Gecko OS lets you do this:
- Play games from any region
- Ocarina
- Skip disc updates
- more I forget right now

(this is all without USB Gecko)
January 22, 2009 12:38AM
Strange: when I load Mario Kart through Homebrew it says "codes found on SD. applying" but then the game loads and nothing happens. I'm sure my codes are right, but I have no way of knowing for sure until one works.
January 22, 2009 12:50AM
And everything's straight, I have Gecko OS which uses .dol instead of .elf and all that stuff for version 3.4. I guess the only thing is the codes, but I just don't know what's wrong, It seems pretty straightforward to substitute numbers for letters, I can show you it if you think you can help. It's just weird.

Edit:and yes I do realize that Ocarina is incorporated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 12:51AM by WhopperJr.
January 22, 2009 04:05AM
To answer the OP, all GeckoOS does is allow you (by pressing B from it) avoid updates (the update should not even appear). It does not allow updating without hazard. You may want to try Starfall.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login