Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help!

Posted by Jass123 
Help!
February 17, 2009 06:07AM
I was using the Homebrew Browser the other day, but after it downloaded and started unzipping the file, it stopped doing anything so I just unplugged my Wii to shut it off, but now for some reason my Wii can't play Gamecube games, anyway to fix this? All it does is take the GC disk, make some noise, and then spit it out a few seconds later.
Re: Help!
February 17, 2009 08:15AM
lol!nice name!!!:P

anyway back on topic, does this happen with wii games as well? if so then its a problem with the dvd drive, ifnot then i dont know
February 17, 2009 04:14PM
Thanks, I use it all the time online. :D

Anyway, no. It can still play Wii games, just not GCN games.
February 17, 2009 04:23PM
Are you 100% sure that GCN games were working before the HBB problem? Is it possible that you could have done something not 100% safe (like with downgrading, wads, or a cios) between the last time you played a gcn game and when you had the HBB problem?
February 17, 2009 04:30PM
Yes, they worked before and no. Besides the HBC, I don't have any other hacks on my Wii. I just used the HBB, tried to download a game, it basically stopped doing anything so I unplugged my Wii. And now whenever I put in a GCN game, it takes it in, makes some noise, spits it out slightly on the bottom of the disk slot, and then pulls it back in.
February 17, 2009 05:03PM
Thank you. Well I'd like to blame your dvd drive and say its an odd coincidence, Im going to look into this for you. If it turns out to definitely be a software problem, there may be a couple things we can try.
February 17, 2009 05:22PM
Alright, thank you.
February 20, 2009 01:48AM
I guess we could try savemiifrii or reloading 3.2 with anyregionchanger. That might fix your problem if its indeed a software problem.
February 20, 2009 05:08AM
Can I access those with the HBC? Sorry, I'm sort of a noob to Homebrew. >_>
February 20, 2009 01:52PM
You can use anyregion changer via the HBC. Make sure that you install 3.2 with it from your region.
February 20, 2009 05:58PM
Alright, thanks. :)
February 25, 2009 10:54PM
Umm... Can someone show me how to use Anyregion Changer? When ever I download and put it on my SD Card it a folder inside of the apps folder it won't show in the HBC. >.>

I just don't want to damage my Wii even more. D:
February 25, 2009 10:59PM
Extract it to the root of your card or copy and paste the folder from the apps folder to your apps folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2009 10:59PM by Arikado.
February 27, 2009 12:03AM
Needs to be in apps folder inside it's own folder like so

SD root > apps > anyregionchanger > boot.dol
March 04, 2009 06:13PM
Jass123
spits it out slightly on the bottom of the disk slot, and then pulls it back in.
This makes it sound like the drive is having trouble centering the GC disc to me. Have you tried putting the Wii horizontal and then putting in the disc? IF it works that way, then I would remove the HBC and any other homebrew that may be installed (i.e. DVDx would need to be uninstalled), use Any Title Deleter to get rid of its ticket (unless there is actually a proper uninstall method), and see if Nintendo will fix it under warranty. (Just don't say anything about HBC having been on there)

Of course, you run the risk of Ninty updating you to 3.4, but you can still get the HBC and DVDx on there without downgrading or anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2009 06:30PM by bg4m3r.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login