Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Falling Sand Wii?

Posted by Sir_Voe 
Re: Falling Sand Wii?
August 09, 2008 11:00PM
I looked through a couple examples, and then the sdl port source. I think it could be done (especially if I had a coder to help me).
August 10, 2008 12:25AM
Arikado
Java and C++ are very similiar (practically the same in some ways). Could I get my hands on the image files somehow?

EDIT: Yes, its in C++. I just downloaded the source.

Ha Ha that is funny java like c++, java is like trash coding language, its way different from c++
August 10, 2008 01:32AM
They are actually, overall similiar in the syntax of the language. I worked in Java for a year and a half. After realizing that there was no real use for the language, I crossed over to C++. Learning C++ came easy to me because, like I said, some of the syntax is similiar. Having said that C++ is alot better than Java. I will never go back to Java.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2008 01:57AM by Arikado.
August 10, 2008 03:14AM
You could argue that every language is similar in syntax but Java and C++ aren't almost the same by any means.
August 10, 2008 06:08AM
I could, but I'm not going to. In short I'll do the port if I can work with a coder willing to do about 60% of the work since I'm a little busy and have no working knowledge of sdl.
August 10, 2008 06:24PM
Arikado
I could, but I'm not going to. In short I'll do the port if I can work with a coder willing to do about 60% of the work since I'm a little busy and have no working knowledge of sdl.
When I learn GX then I will help you out.
Also where can I get that advanced GX tutorial?
I saw it oncce but I forgot what domain it was on.
August 10, 2008 07:58PM
yes, because going from java to c is easy, java is more complicated, than it needs to be, and is harder to learn, and does less for you.
c++ is easy, and does anything you need it to
August 11, 2008 04:38AM
If you are refering to the one in the Revolution SDK for Wii, then its illegal.
August 11, 2008 04:58PM
WiiPhlex
If you are refering to the one in the Revolution SIdeasDK for Wii, then its illegal.
No somebody had some GX tutorials and examples for libogc. I forget where I saw them though.
August 12, 2008 07:12AM
It's encouraging to see others share interest in a Wii version. It looks like a coder named tvguy started on a Wii version back in early July (never released), but doesn't have the time to continue on it: [www.fallingsandgame.com]

He does say he'll be willing to help if someone else wants to pick it up though.

Also, today I discovered this amazing offshoot of the falling sand concept: [dan-ball.jp]

I'd love to see some features from this one on the Wii some day, but for now the standard version would be great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 08:06AM by Sir_Voe.
August 12, 2008 07:41AM
My god the second one at dan-ball is amazing!
August 12, 2008 08:17AM
WiiPhlex
My god the second one at dan-ball is amazing!

Absolutely. The particles reacting to dynamic airflow is awe inspiring, especially with BG set to "shade".
August 12, 2008 08:35AM
Thats actually the most interesting flash or whatever game I've seen in my life haha.
August 12, 2008 09:49AM
Wow, That danbal game is amazing :D
August 12, 2008 11:42PM
Dang thats good!
August 13, 2008 02:22AM
i agree id like to see the puppy on the wii, totally worth while
August 17, 2008 07:16AM
Good idea for a port. Please post here when done (If it is ever agreed to be worked on) : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2008 07:20AM by CLXrsist.
August 20, 2008 10:45PM
So is anyone thinking about doing this?
August 21, 2008 09:49AM
I'll work on a simple one with someone else, but not my on my own, haven't the time for yet another solo project.
August 27, 2008 01:38AM
I think powder game would be a better idea for homebrew... but it would take some pretty advanced work. The two games are similiar. Check out Powder Game here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login