Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

and now what??? v.4.0!!!

Posted by mkarim85 
and now what??? v.4.0!!!
March 27, 2009 02:18AM
and now what is supposed to happen? when is going to be able to use the new things in version 4 safely(like sd channel),without update? I do not understand very well what is "bootmii", but it seems that is the solution to all problems?
Re: and now what??? v.4.0!!!
March 27, 2009 02:46AM
just be patient, something will arise soon...
March 27, 2009 04:24AM
I hope people can fix up the update prob. I really want to update my Wii but HBC has got me stuck. What happens if you update your Wii? Is it going to brick?
March 27, 2009 04:33AM
PurplePotato
I hope people can fix up the update prob. I really want to update my Wii but HBC has got me stuck. What happens if you update your Wii? Is it going to brick?
Updating doesn't affect previously installed homebrew [hackmii.com]
March 27, 2009 04:34AM
bg4545
PurplePotato
Updating doesn't affect previously installed homebrew [hackmii.com]

OK, now I understand. Thanks for the info!
March 27, 2009 08:12PM
seem we'll have to wait. hopefully not too long and it's something great!, I really want to use the new channel VC Arcade
March 27, 2009 09:02PM
mkarim85
seem we'll have to wait. hopefully not too long and it's something great!, I really want to use the new channel VC Arcade
Why do we have to wait? If you have the HBC installed, you can update safely without losing it.
March 28, 2009 02:06AM
but if I do, I will not have more problems later? when using certain apps?
March 28, 2009 02:18AM
Most likely no. The only "certain apps" I can think of that are affected are the installers for (illegal) wads of channels.

Dont you read wiibrew or hackmii?

WiiBrew: [wiibrew.org]

Hackmii: [hackmii.com]
March 28, 2009 07:23PM
ok, thanks!, so if i use, for example, gecko os to launch a game with codes, there is no problem?
March 28, 2009 08:06PM
There shouldn't be any problems. Not that Gecko OS (as of 3.4) has lost the ability to reboot with hooks.
March 29, 2009 01:03AM
Im gonna update anyway i decided now. I dont do "Back Ups" or use preloader or anything so im good. As long as HBC works im a happy camper. :)
March 29, 2009 04:52AM
ChuckBartowski
Im gonna update anyway i decided now. I dont do "Back Ups" or use preloader or anything so im good. As long as HBC works im a happy camper. :)

you should probably do DVDx first too
March 30, 2009 02:18AM
but...what is "hooks" like preloader to play any region games? or use codes?
March 30, 2009 01:15PM
hooks are code which stay working n the Wii until a hard reset...usually to allow for region free, codes or other patches.
April 01, 2009 02:12AM
DrLucky
ChuckBartowski

you should probably do DVDx first too

Already got it. Updated too. It all works good. I can play dvds and got the latest update. Im kinda disappointed though. I thought there would be more to this update but it kinda sucks. The SD menu and the SDHC capacity are the only seriously notable things. And nintys way of "running VC/Wiiware of the SD card" is kinda stupid. Because your not even really playing them off the SD.
April 03, 2009 04:38AM
yeah, I'm still debating with my self over whether I should update or not...
April 03, 2009 05:53AM
ChuckBartowski
Already got it. Updated too. It all works good. I can play dvds and got the latest update. Im kinda disappointed though. I thought there would be more to this update but it kinda sucks. The SD menu and the SDHC capacity are the only seriously notable things. And nintys way of "running VC/Wiiware of the SD card" is kinda stupid. Because your not even really playing them off the SD.
Supposedly it takes up less space if you run vc off sd card though..
April 04, 2009 08:19PM
has anyone tried the new WiiSCU? works fine?
April 04, 2009 08:23PM
mkarim85
has anyone tried the new WiiSCU? works fine?
Yes, it works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login