Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx mystery

Posted by bg4m3r 
DVDx mystery
June 10, 2009 07:54PM
NTSC Wii System 4.0U
HBC 1.0.3

Now then, if I'm not being flamed or banned yet, here's what's up. I've been homebrew capable since 3.3v1 (downgraded to 3.2 at one point). When system 4 came out, and then Preloader .29, I updated with a homebrew updater. After the update DVDx stopped working, so on a whim I tried the 3.4 installer and it worked perfectly. I've upgraded 3 other Wiis, and the 3.4 installer works fine on all of them, one of which was virgin when I upgraded it and DVDx was the last thing installed. I've been told that this is impossible, which is why the hackmii installer does DVDx. I have the video to prove that I can do this, which I made by uninstalling DVDx and then reinstalling it. Here is a link to the video:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 08:26PM by bg4m3r.
Re: DVDx mystery
June 10, 2009 08:16PM
This is the result of the modifications you have made. The updater you used doesn't fully update, it patches parts of the update and installs them, and leaves other bits out completely afaik, meaning vulnerabilities from old system menu still exist. And yes, most of the stuff you mentioned is "no no" and a mod will probably at least censor this soon. Most of the stuff you listed is warez enabling stuff, which is frowned upon here, and rightly so, there is no excuse for using warez. In fact everything except HBC and preloader and DVDx.
Re: DVDx mystery
June 10, 2009 09:28PM
Judging by the fact you have warez channels and a theme on your Wii installed in that video, DVDX 3.4 probably should be working for you. Like the guy above me said, its the warez modifications at work that make DVDX 3.4 work. Theres a reason we say it doesn't work on a natural 4.0: because it doesn't. If it did, we obviously wouldn't say otherwise :P

In short: Epic fail
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login