Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starfall Question

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Starfall Question
July 04, 2009 09:25PM
Okay, I've been using starfall for a while to apply various patches to my wii. Everything works great, but I just had a question about the "Hold Y on first gamecube controller for Rescue Menu". I installed it to see what it does, and (after launching to the system menu through bootmii) I hold Y, and a little notification appears in the bottom right hand corner that says my firmware version (3.2) and my region (NTSC). What exactly is the point of this? Any info is appreciated! :)
Re: Starfall Question
July 04, 2009 09:37PM
There is a recovery menu built into the wii. If your wii is semi-bricked and you find a disc that comes with a newer firmware version, then you can boot into the recovery menu (through various methods) put in the disc and after it installs the updates you have a no longer semi-bricked wii. I know that Team Tweezers made this: [savemii.net] to get into recovery menu to update your wii and unbrick it.
July 04, 2009 09:40PM
I see. Kind of useless since i have bootmii as boot2 (with 3 NAND backups!! :O)
Thanks for the info. Will it autoboot a game if i insert one while its in this menu?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 09:40PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 04, 2009 09:42PM
Yes, if you have the Starfall patch that skips the diag disc check, or whatever its called.. (I don't use Starfall...)
July 04, 2009 09:47PM
mmmmk, thanks. :D
July 04, 2009 10:41PM
WaxyPumpkin72
I see. Kind of useless since i have bootmii as boot2 (with 3 NAND backups!! :O)
Thanks for the info. Will it autoboot a game if i insert one while its in this menu?
It doesn't autostart discs with that option it only installs the updates off of the disc.

LOL 3 backups!?!?!?! If you are so bricked that something is corrupt in those 3 backups then man your wii is screwed. Talk about over-protective. I don't have any backups... I currently have been messing with doing work for the HBB channel... I hope that FS Browser and AnyTitle Deleter is enough to recover.
July 04, 2009 10:56PM
Yah, i figured out how to make it autoboot.

The reason I have so many backups is a long story. Go take a look at this thread that I made to learn why. Its actually kind of interesting. Its not because I'm paranoid. Just go look at the thread.... :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 10:56PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login