Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii as an IOS. Does it harm the IOS in any way?

Posted by ICEing 
Bootmii as an IOS. Does it harm the IOS in any way?
September 08, 2009 09:07PM
Just really a quick n00bish question. I installed bootmii as an IOS by mistake then uninstalled it...nothing should be harmed right?
Re: Bootmii as an IOS. Does it harm the IOS in any way?
September 08, 2009 09:09PM
Nope. Bootmii only installs to IOS 254. nothing else should be harmed.
September 08, 2009 09:23PM
It wouldnt have been made if it could harm stuff. Team Twiizers dont do that. Their stuff is safe. Especially BootMii. In actual fact, I'd say boot2 is more dangerous. Installing as IOS, the IOS it installs to isnt used, so if something foes wrong, no worries. boot2 installation, if something goes wrong, you're bricked. but dont let that put you off, stuff wont go wrong unless you do it during a thunder storm or something (i.e. lose power during installation).
September 08, 2009 09:25PM
Yeah, TT make it failsafe. They put sanity checks in everything.
September 08, 2009 09:38PM
Yea I installed bootmii as boot2 it works fine. Its just at first I downloaded it as an IOS by mistake then deleted it. I get worried when messing with IOS
September 08, 2009 09:40PM
Get worried when your messing with IOS ending 0. they are used by the Menu.
September 08, 2009 09:48PM
Thanks. I dont need any cIOS really right?
September 08, 2009 09:55PM
Definetly not. Is is only used for piracy and, well, thats it really. Occasionally used to allow re-enabling trucha bug after an update (if cIOS is installed before update, it can be used to restore trucha bug after it), but that itself is in turn used for piracy. There's StartPatch, but its not really necessary for most people. Other than that, there are no legitimate uses for cIOS.
September 08, 2009 10:02PM
SifJar
Definetly not. Is is only used for piracy and, well, thats it really. Occasionally used to allow re-enabling trucha bug after an update (if cIOS is installed before update, it can be used to restore trucha bug after it), but that itself is in turn used for piracy. There's StartPatch, but its not really necessary for most people. Other than that, there are no legitimate uses for cIOS.

Yeah I was trying to find a way to skip the health check when you start up the Wii without it screwing anything up. I saw Start Patch and I need a cIOS for that. So I decided against it
September 08, 2009 10:56PM
cIOS wont screw stuff up, it just isnt necessary, and depending on the installation method CAN be illegal. If you use tona's PatchMii cIOS, found on WiiBrew, its totally legal and fine. And should let StartPatch work fine too. Its cIOScorp thats screws up your Wii, and its also completely illegal, because its just a set of WADs and a batch installer, so its redistributing copyrighted Nintendo code. Even the now available uninstaller is illegal.
September 08, 2009 11:45PM
can bootmii be ibstalled as boot and ios??
September 09, 2009 12:32AM
Yes ive done it
September 09, 2009 02:22AM
both at the same time?
to be able to run bootmii by powering on the wii and being able to access it via hbc
September 09, 2009 03:24AM
Well i uninstalled it back on beta 1 but yeah it worked on both
September 09, 2009 05:36AM
ok thx topgun
September 09, 2009 02:34PM
No problem.... but having both really doesnt have a purpose from what i see
September 09, 2009 06:18PM
There's absoulutley no reason you couldnt have both, they're installed to completely different places.
September 10, 2009 02:30AM
ok thx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login