Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dop-IOS Mod doesn't work with 4.2

Posted by frewster 
Dop-IOS Mod doesn't work with 4.2
October 11, 2009 03:27AM
Today I fixed a Wii that had been given to me by a friend and I decided to install 4.2 on it just to see the difference. It installed but now when I try to use hackmii to install the homebrew channel and bootmii it says that there aren't any vulnerable IOSs available. I've tried using Dop-IOS Mod to reinstall various IOSs, but every time I try this it freezes and the screen changes to garbled text. I know you probably think I'm stupid for updating to 4.2, especially since Wiibrew says not to, but has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Re: Dop-IOS Mod doesn't work with 4.2
October 11, 2009 03:36AM
Did you install cIOSCORP? If so, that is why hackmii gives you that error. OR you are using an older hackmii installer that doesnt work with System Menu 4.2.
October 11, 2009 02:53PM
frewster
I've tried using Dop-IOS Mod to reinstall various IOSs, but every time I try this it freezes and the screen changes to garbled text.
This is not related to being on 4.2 This is a bug in the GUI - It's most likely my fault for rewriting 99% of it. I'm working around the clock to fix it. Please be patient for a little bit.

Keep your eyes peeled to here: [forum.wiibrew.org] as I release test builds that I hope fix this problem.
October 11, 2009 05:20PM
Great! I think it's an awesome program Arikado!
October 11, 2009 05:39PM

I already put out some test builds in that topic I linked to. Please test them for me...
October 11, 2009 06:56PM
This happened to me too. I thought the program crashed and was scared to power off Wii. I eventually powered it off and luckily nothing had bricked.
October 11, 2009 06:58PM
Theres a fixed build available here: [forum.wiibrew.org]

There will be a new official release shortly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login