Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starting again from scratch

Posted by Wiitor 
Starting again from scratch
October 09, 2009 10:30AM
Hi all,
I setup homebrew a while back via the twilight hack. Im on 3.2e with HBC 1.0.1 , preloader 0.28. I also installed cIOScorp which from what I've read on here was a bad idea (it was in a softmod pack :/ ). I would like to remove all homebrew and start again so I can be up-to-date with the latest homebrew etc etc. I'm not 100% familiar with the in's & out's but I learn quickly when pointed in the right direction.

If you require anymore info I'll do my best to give you what you need to help me.

Thanks in advance!!
Re: Starting again from scratch
October 09, 2009 02:13PM
Start with loading the HackMii installer, and you'll see uninstall the HBC, BootMii etc. I'm not sure how you 'really' get rid of everything else. Erase your SD card?
October 09, 2009 03:08PM
Well, to remove cIOSCorp, I'm pretty sure you need to update your System Menu. DON'T update over the internet, though, because you will update to 4.2, which might brick your Wii. (Softmodded or not) Use a disc update if possible. And yes, softmod packs = fail.
October 09, 2009 06:40PM
The latest cIOScorp is harder to remove than some. If you happen to have cIOS as well as cIOScorp, use dop-IOS MOD, running on IOS249 (cIOS) to install the latest versions of EVERY IOS. That'll remove cIOScorp.
October 12, 2009 10:19AM
Thanks for the replies. I see there is a bug in the latest version of dop-IOS MOD, I'll wait for a fix then give it a try. So to clarify, I install EVERY IOS?
October 12, 2009 07:11PM
Yep, because cIOScorp messes up EVERY IOS in your wii.
October 12, 2009 07:23PM
Teh fixed version is in teh testing corner topic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login