Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii remote connectivity?

Posted by SuperShineKid 
Wii remote connectivity?
January 03, 2010 06:10AM
I was having problems with the connections on my Wii remotes. See, what would happen is, I would sync one up, and for a brief second, it would show the player 1 signal on the wii remote, then it would go away.
Would the Homebrew chanell have any interference? Also, what about blacklights and stereos not connected to the system?
Re: Wii remote connectivity?
January 03, 2010 02:10PM
Homebrew Channel is not causing the problems. Are you syncing with red buttons when in the System Menu? Are the batteries full? Are you sure they are genuine controllers?
January 03, 2010 05:51PM
It's not because of homebrew? Thank goodness.
In the system menu, I'm pressing 1 and 2 like it tells me to when going to the sync menu via pressing the home button.
On the Wii menu, I'm holding the red sync button on the console, and the red sync button on the back of the wii remotes.
A couple of wii remotes will stay synced for 3-4 minutes, after I put them down. The other two will stay synced for about 5 seconds at most.
We have genuine wii remotes, even though there are no wrist straps or covers for them. Also, we don't have wiimotion plus.

The batteries are full, but we have rechargeable battery accessories in the back, made just for the wii remotes. These are genuine accessories also, because they've been working for two years now.
January 03, 2010 06:42PM
Hmm, this does sound odd...Is there any chance you could borrow someone else's Wii Remote(s) and attempt to sync them to your Wii and/or attempt to sync your remotes to their Wii, to try and establish if the issue is with your Wii or your Wii Remotes?
January 03, 2010 07:40PM
I think we figured it out... the rechargeable batteries we had been using went bad. We replaced them with regular double A batteries, and it worked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login