Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HB memory stacking issue help.

Posted by shadetree 
HB memory stacking issue help.
February 11, 2010 04:12PM
Hello, I have a new Wii 4.2 and have HBC and HBB installed for about a few weeks now. (Great) I decided to try some simple games from HBB and have been having fun with them. (This Is My First Game Machine)

When selecting a few games to download today, my screen went to a listing of code or memory locations and said something about stack or stacking with a loud pitched sound. My only recourse was a hard boot.

Everything seemed fine after reboot and checking, then proceeded to HBB to resume downloading a few more games to test OK.

Later I went to load one of the new games from HBC and had the same issue and rebooted. I deleted the particular game and so far all the others are working.

I would like to know what went wrong to avoid this again. The Wii has been rock solid until this issue.

Thank you for any input.

PS. The only change I have made prior to this event was deleting the HBB's app "HBC organiser" from the load channel menu, instead of from the HBB installed list?
Re: HB memory stacking issue help.
February 11, 2010 09:20PM
Both of these apps are made by teknecal. If you have problem with them, go bug him: [codemii.com]
February 12, 2010 10:30AM
These crashed are usually called "DSI" or "Exception DSI". It's just a general crash, much like the "windows has detected a problem in X and it needs to close"

It's no problem with your Wii. 90% of the time it's just a bug in the software you are using. Not all homebrew is a 100% stable.
But there also might be a problem with your SD card. You could put it in a windows PC, and scan it for errors.
February 12, 2010 10:02PM
Daid
These crashed are usually called "DSI" or "Exception DSI". It's just a general crash, much like the "windows has detected a problem in X and it needs to close"

It's no problem with your Wii. 90% of the time it's just a bug in the software you are using. Not all homebrew is a 100% stable.
But there also might be a problem with your SD card. You could put it in a windows PC, and scan it for errors.

Good to know, I'll check.

Also the HBB v.6/.7 have this issue with the apps download manager. Maybe the Fat v Fat32 is the deal?
February 12, 2010 10:05PM
Arikado
Both of these apps are made by teknecal. If you have problem with them, go bug him: [codemii.com]

Sorry to bug you;-)
February 13, 2010 02:42PM
shadetree
Arikado

Sorry to bug you;-)
It's not a problem. I just mean to say that you'll probably get more help over there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login