Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Screwed up homebrew.

Posted by Sontifx 
Screwed up homebrew.
March 27, 2010 12:11AM
Alright, so I updated my wii to 4.2 (thinking I'd be fine if I had the latest version of the hbc) Well I was wrong now I cant run most of my apps. I just get a black screen. Can anyone help? I also managed to downgrade my wii to 3.2 with DOP Mod but it still says I have the same IOS. Can anyone help?
Re: Screwed up homebrew.
March 27, 2010 12:13AM
What apps?
March 27, 2010 12:14AM
well most of them like gecko and back up loader. I can however run wad manager.
March 27, 2010 12:24AM
Sontifx

Get rid of your last 2 homebrew references, they're not welcome 'round these parts
March 27, 2010 12:26AM
cactusjack901
Sontifx

Get rid of your last 2 homebrew references, they're not welcome 'round these parts
Actually, I doubt he'll get help now, because telling him how to fix his problem will help him to continue using his backups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 12:27AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
March 27, 2010 12:26AM
Then may I ask, whats the point of homebrew?
March 27, 2010 12:28AM
Sontifx
Read this topic:
[forum.wiibrew.org]
March 27, 2010 12:32AM
Thank you.
March 27, 2010 05:49AM
The reason they don't work is because the update installed stub IOSes.
March 27, 2010 08:12AM
Sontifx

While the other thread was posted. I also want to post my view on the point of homebrew. I like it, simply because, it opens my system and allows me to do what I want with it, not what Nintendo tells me I can do with it. Sometimes, a great homebrew program, like harmonium comes along. Most homebrew applications, are crap. I hate to say it, but it's true. That's not to say they're without purpose though. Most of them are written because some coder wants to further his understanding of the Wii, or coding in general. Sometimes they're written because the coder has an idea he thinks would work great on the Wii. I just think it's a little silly and perhaps a bit ignorant (or crap, I used the word ignorant, rant coming up), when someone says, or feels, that homebrew's purpose, or point is piracy. The best way, I think, to explain the point in a simple manner, is to say the point is to learn.

RANT TIME

The word ignorant. I despise how this word gets used nowadays. People often use it interchangeably with "stupid". This is not what it means, just break the word down. Ignor-ant, Ignor, taken from ignore. All it means is "ignoring facts". Not stupid. I also hate how the English language has just devolved so much over the past 10-20 years. Now people use the word "corroded" to mean "broken" and I scold them every time I hear it. I would say it's ignorant of them to dismiss what I have to say on the matter. Slang or not, it still makes you sound like an idiot. That's not to say I don't like, or don't use slang. One slang term I find myself using quite often is "stoned". Another example, of how the English language has devolved, is the disappearance of grammar from schools. I find myself struggling sometimes, to figure out how to properly punctuate something, because schools just don't teach that sort of thing anymore. I guarantee anybody who's good with grammar, can find at least 10 mistakes in my rant here. I honestly wish I was able to write better, and I try, but, it just doesn't click. Now, that might also be because I've always been bad with writing things. I can give a speech off the top of my head, I can play with words, I can recognize a lot of patterns in written language. I just can't write it; so it may be a more personal flaw than a social one. I still feel however, our education system (America, specifically, since it's where I'm from) is suffering from not teaching things that are important, but from teaching to what standardized tests have in them. I just can't see a point in standardized tests. Some students, hell, some classes in general need reinforcement in certain areas that others don't, and the teachers just don't have the time to teach it, since the students have to be taught to the test. I lose faith in this country, not for the health-care bill (which, I, unlike many of you, support, but that's another thread), not for our economy, but for our disregard for education, despite how important we say it is.
March 27, 2010 04:22PM
Impressive rant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login