Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Executable file for snes9x not found

Posted by Eryotto 
Executable file for snes9x not found
June 16, 2010 02:01AM
Hi, I'm trying to get snes9x to work on my Wii. I can't locate any file among what I downloaded for it ending in .elf or .dol. Where can I find the executable? When I turn on my HBC, all I see is the screen with the bubbles. I've formatted everything else correctly, it's just I can't find any files ending in .elf or .dol. Could someone help me out? Thanks!
Re: Executable file for snes9x not found
June 16, 2010 04:14AM
Download from here :- [code.google.com] the binary is there I just checked. Just extract the zip to the root of the sd card as the zip contains the correct paths /app/snes9xgx.
June 16, 2010 11:21PM
Okay, thanks. It worked. =]
Though my data doesn't save when I make files in the games. Like, when I turn it back on, they don't have any data on them even though I saved them. Is the only way to save games on this emulator by using save state/load state and storing my data in a folder entitled under the directory apps/snes9xgx/roms/save data? Or is there some way I can save my games like you would on any computer?
June 17, 2010 02:24AM
If the game originally has the option to save, then Snes9xGx can save the game like it would be saved if played in a Super NES. It doesn't seem to work for you though. Check in the emulator menu about the directory of SRAM. After you normally save (without save state), check in the emulator save/load menu to see if there's a SRAM related file.
June 17, 2010 04:29AM
Okay. I saved my game, and when I click 'load' in the save/load screen, it says 'error finding directory' and then 'no saved games found.' When I click on 'save' on the same screen, it says 'error finding directory.' Then I see two file slots called 'SRAM' and 'snapshot.' When I click on either of them, it says 'error finding directory' again and then 'save failed.' Also, when I first ran SNES9xgx it said 'error finding directory' as well.
June 17, 2010 11:23AM
Seems you didn't specified any directory in the options menu. Before you load an game, check the options and set the path for states and sram in an already existing directory, since Snes9xGx doesn't create any new folder for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login