Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about homebrew loader BootMii

Posted by Videogamer 
Question about homebrew loader BootMii
June 18, 2010 11:02PM
I installed Bootmii because I heard it can get me out of trouble if I manage to install something that bricks the wii. But I am not sure of its complete functionality. I know it can boot BEFORE the Wii menu, and it lets you do a variety of things. The first Bootmii screen lets you:

1* boot to the Wii menu

2* boot to HBC

3* explore the SD card and boot something from it

4* go to the next Bootmii screen where I can do other stuff

So I have a question about 3*
WHAT does it let me boot? I tried the boot.dol and boot.elf from a variety of homebrew software (that I KNOW will boot from the latest version of HBC), but those won't boot from Bootmii. What can I boot from 3* in Bootmii?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 11:06PM by Videogamer.
Re: Question about homebrew loader BootMii
June 18, 2010 11:57PM
Only applications that run on MINI instead of IOS can be booted from Bootmii. There are very few of these, so you might never have reason to boot anything from Bootmii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 11:58PM by jbc007.
June 19, 2010 01:09AM
Only apps I know of that use MINI are Comex's NAND Formatter (as it sounds, not something you probably want to run), and two others that aren't supported here due to piracy relations.
June 19, 2010 02:15AM

and two others that aren't supported here due to piracy relations.

At least give their names so I can google them to read WHAT they do. Not asking you to support them, but names would be nice so I can do MY OWN research OUTSIDE of Wiibrew (a.k.a. Google researching). I can probably figure out what they do once I read about them on their official pages (NOT asking for links to those pages). If you are going to bother mentioning their existence, at least give the names of the software so curious folks like myself can use Google to look them up. If for whatever strange reason you feel even mentioning their names will violate forum rules, then just PM me their names. Again, not asking for links, just names that I could then look up in Google.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 02:17AM by Videogamer.
June 19, 2010 02:32AM
And actually there IS at least one program for Mini boot that is NOT piracy related. It is called GeeXboX. Despite the name it has NOTHING to do with pirating Xbox games. It is simply a media player capable of Video DVD, Video CD, Super Video CD, Audio CD, audio file, and video file player. At least that's what I understand from the description on the software's official site.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2010 07:02AM by Videogamer.
June 19, 2010 01:39PM
oh i forgot about geexbox and also the mike linux kernel. check your pms well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login