Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting wii chanels back

Posted by hughm17 
Getting wii chanels back
June 15, 2010 02:57PM
I accidentially deleted all my channels with AnyTitle deleter (including wii shop) all i have left is disc channel and homebrew, which i just installed again. Yes i know i'm really stupid, but i would really apreciate some help. Any ideas?
Re: Getting wii chanels back
June 15, 2010 04:33PM
Dop-Mii can easily take care of what you ask. If you don't have an internet connection in your Wii, get the channel wads from NUS Downloader and put in your sd card.
June 15, 2010 10:49PM
You have to buy any VC/WiiWare games again from the Shop Channel.
June 17, 2010 09:59PM
Can you do a system upgrade from the wii menu? Will that reinstall the stock channels?
June 17, 2010 10:44PM
If an update is officially available, then it would restore the channels. However, if a person is already on system menu 4.2 (the latest available), you can't officially download the system menu again. You could do it by Dop-Mii, but since you're already using it, you could make it easier by downloading the channels instead.
June 17, 2010 11:25PM
An update will restore all system channels, regardless of the system menu version. If you already have 4.2, the system menu will not be reinstalled; however, everything missing or outdated will still be installed.
June 18, 2010 12:09AM
Good to know that. I've read somewhere you can't officially reinstall an already installed title if the revision value is the same, though you can force it through homebrew without any modification. Didn't know you could do the same through Wii Settings.
June 18, 2010 12:29AM
It won't reinstall an existing title, but it will install missing titles e.g. if you delete a channel or an IOS, even if you have latest System Menu, it will reinstall said channel or IOS when you hit update. It won't reinstall the System Menu, just will update all IOS and channels.
June 18, 2010 01:15AM
Now I understand completely. Thanks again, SifJar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login