Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I couldn't install IOS 202

Posted by Dark_Wolf101 
I couldn't install IOS 202
April 27, 2010 03:41AM
I tried to install IOS 202 (whatever that is), in order to install the WiiMC, but I got an error message saying: "Could not find a vulnerable IOS! Run Trucha Bug Restorer or Dop-IOS MOD to install one." Is this normal? What should I do? Thanks!
Re: I couldn't install IOS 202
April 27, 2010 04:16AM
This means that the cIOS installer was running on an IOS that does not have the trucha bug. If none of the IOSes on your wii have the trucha bug, use DOP-Mii to install IOS 36 with fakesigning. Then run the cIOS installer on IOS 36.
April 27, 2010 05:07AM
Um, okay but what's an IOS, Trucha Bug and DOP-Mii? Sorry...
April 27, 2010 05:22AM
There's a Wiki for that exact reason, my friend.

No offense, but if you don't want to read, you really shouldn't have gotten involved in this stuff.
April 27, 2010 08:39AM
cactusjack901

No offense, but if you don't want to read, you really shouldn't have gotten involved in this stuff.

I've read the Wiki articles, but to a lay-person like myself reading a wall of code, or warning messages are a little daunting.
April 27, 2010 03:08PM
IOS: What the Wii uses to run everthing. Basically it's the Wii's "OS" and has modules which interact with the hardware in the Wii.
Trucha bug: A bug found in older versions of IOS that allows us to fake a signature and install things not actually signed be Nintendo.
DOP-Mii: An app which lets you install various components of the Wii's software such as System Menu, IOS, and some channels. It also allows you to patch the trucha bug into (newer) IOSes on a Wii that does not already have the Trucha bug.
April 27, 2010 04:02PM
Dark_Wolf101
cactusjack901

I've read the Wiki articles, but to a lay-person like myself reading a wall of code, or warning messages are a little daunting.

I can't exactly consider myself a lay-person when it comes to this stuff, but I suggest digging up the video of Marcan and Bushing's "Wii Fail" presentation from 25c3, it explains everything REALLY well, even to the lay-person. A lot of the information is out of date (pre-dates the public betas of Bootmii), but it's the sort of out of date, where nothing changed in what they were talking about, it's just that most of what they were talking about is no longer used terribly much (like the trucha bug).
May 16, 2010 04:47PM
I am also having trouble on this. There is no readme with DOP Mii and the wiibrew wiki just lists loads of things it can do (which I do not fully understand all of) but not how to actually do anything. The wiki makes it clear that you can brick your Wii if you do not know what you are doing which of course I don't. I have been searching around various forums but there is no step by step guide to how to do this, just lots of people on so called help forums telling you to read the wiki.

It seems to me that you would only already know about this stuff if you are into piracy as I have never needed to use any of this stuff before and I have used all manor of homebrew for a long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 04:47PM by WhizzBang.
May 16, 2010 11:46PM
In my opinion, DOP-Mii is pretty self explanatory once you run it, unless you don't know certain terms like fakesign/trucha or whatever
May 26, 2010 12:56AM
sir, google is your friend, I used it and it helped
Guide to DOP-Mii
August 04, 2010 06:32PM
I had the same trouble. Used the guide hope it works when i get home. All you guys rock on this forum for the info you give us noobs.

Toa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login