Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

questions about priiloader and gecko os

Posted by Kamiyama 
questions about priiloader and gecko os
July 29, 2010 03:38AM
I am looking into installing priiloader and gecko os onto my wii, but wanted to first ask some questions about their compatibility:

1. Is priiloader compatible with 4.3? By that I mean, can I install it on a 4.3 wii and it will run OK without problems?

2. Gecko OS will play wii games? They wont require you to update or anything?

3. Once priiloader is installed, could I have it set up so I could choose to boot into 4.3 menu or into the Gecko OS when I turn my wii on?

I am doing some web searches and researching any articles I can find on this stuff right now, hopefully I will learn more about it, if anyone here can answer my questions or direct me towards any guides or articles you know of, it would be really helpful.

Thank you for your time!
Re: questions about priiloader and gecko os
July 29, 2010 04:26AM
1) Yes

2) Yes, but if the game you try to play requires an IOS that is missing from your wii, Gecko OS will offer to install it. Gecko OS is unable to install IOSes from newer games, so you may need to install said IOS with another tool.

3) Install the Gecko OS executable in Priiloader; then change the Priiloader settings to your liking.
July 29, 2010 06:27PM
Alright thanks. One more question, lets say i have priiloader set up to boot into the 4.3 menu and into the gecko OS, and I need to install a new IOS into the gecko OS to play a game, would that also change the 4.3 menu, or would it only change the gecko OS? (meaning could I keep my homebrew safe in the 4.3 menu, and keep the gecko OS up-to-date?)

Again thanks for your help.
July 29, 2010 06:55PM
IOS is not System Menu. Installing IOS is completely unrelated to System Menu, and won't delete anything.
July 29, 2010 07:06PM
Alright thanks so much for your help!
August 03, 2010 01:41AM
Alright I used the new hackmii installer to install HBC and did a partial install of bootmii as IOS (I have a newer-model wii, and according to the bootmii wiki, a full "boot2" install only works on old-model wii's) and I tried to install priiloader, however it gives me an error:

"ES_Identify failed, error 4294962944. ios249 not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios (holding b and then pressing + or - ) will probably solve this.
NOTE: you need CIOS for this.
Do you wish to continue?"

the thing was, I was holding B when I pressed + to install it. When it gives me this error message, my wiimote cuts out and refuses to connect. When I press A on my gamecube controller, it says:

"Got ROOT!
Unable to get stored tmd size, aborting mission..."

and then it freezes.

I read online that it might not be installing because because my current IOS isn't patched with the ES DIVerify or trucha bug. I tried installing DOP-Mii which is supposed to be able to correct that issue, however whenever it tries to install a new IOS it gives me a "hash...BAD" error.

I just wanted to ask someone who knows more about this than me... Are you sure Priiloader is compatible with 4.3? I seem to be bending over backwards to install it, and it's still not working.
August 03, 2010 02:11AM
I reported this bug to dacotaco, he says he's working in a workaround, for the next release. Maybe it's caused by the way HBC 1.0.7 handles IOS reloading, since Priiloader isn't loaded by IOS36, as default.

The workaround I've found needs a GC controller. Just run Priiloader's installer through Loadmii, then use GC controller to install Priiloader. When returning to loader, the app will freeze, but the installation will be successful.

Edit: I didn't noticed you also didn't have a patched IOS36. If you're on firmware 4.3, then you need to install lowest revision of a unpatched IOS41 (from korean Wiis) and use it to downgrade IOS15 and use the downgraded IOS15 to patch IOS36. This all can be done by Trucha Bug Restorer MOD v1.13. The MOD version isn't required, but it's simpler for you, since it can also install the unpatched IOS41. The original TBR can also do the trick, but you need IOS41 installed beforehand, through Dop-Mii or WadImport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2010 02:14AM by Aobx.
August 03, 2010 02:38AM
Lol I was spending so much time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Thank you so much!
August 03, 2010 07:04PM
I installed the truchabugrestorerMOD v1.13 and used NUS downloader to get the wads for IOS41 v2835, IOS15 v257, and IOS36 v3607. I used TBR to install the unpatched IOS41, downgraded IOS15, and then installed a patched IOS36 with trucha bug and ES DIVersify. According to the truchabugrestorer it all worked successfully, however both the homebrew channel and a syscheck app I have tell me that I still have IOS61, and priiloader still wont install.
August 03, 2010 07:17PM
Wait I found the proper installation procedure for it at "[unsupported link]

They should have made THAT the readme. I haven't yet seen an app come from the hacking community that has included instructions on how to use it. You have to find everything online. Every readme contains stupid crap like "what is this app?" or "what is it good for?" or "what can I do with it?" If you didn't know that, you wouldn't be downloading it...

Mod Edit: Don't post links to sites with instructions for "backups" please, SifJar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2010 01:08PM by SifJar.
August 03, 2010 11:23PM
You're getting it wrong. You have many IOSes in your system, and each app uses the one it suits better. HBC works fine with IOS61, that's why it's likely to be chosen. Priiloader doesn't use IOS61 as default, I told you it's a bug. You didn't install patched IOS36 wrong. Just load Priiloader's installer through Loadmii, it will use IOS36.
August 08, 2010 05:29AM
i really need some help plz i have been attempting this for 3 straight days and its driving me insane!!!!!!

alright so here is the problem hbc installed perfectly...the problem is stupid priiloader... i keep getting the error kami got so i read up this form and tried to install prilloader frrom load mii...but thing is i dont have a gc controller is there some other way i can do this please please help, thanks in advance, noobyhacker26
August 08, 2010 04:21PM
Option 1) Install cIOS 249. Press b when prompted by the Priiloader installer so that it will run on cIOS.

Option 2) Install Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 (1.0.6 can be installed at the same time as 1.0.7, as it has a different title ID). Run the Priiloader installer from HBC 1.0.6. This option is impractical if you have system menu 4.3.
December 21, 2010 01:56AM
The link you posted got deleted :-/ Im having the same exact problem. Can you find another way to show me where you found the fix?
December 21, 2010 07:33AM
We no longer support cIOS of any kind.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.