Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smashstack will not work!!! Help!

Posted by grey_voice 
Smashstack will not work!!! Help!
January 16, 2011 07:30PM
I am trying to install Smash stack on my wii, as it seems the only method that will work but it didn't work! I followed the procedure correctly and my file structure is right, but when I go into stage builder and press SD card, it will only show the swirling arrows and a grey stage background. I THINK my wii version is 4.3U; the reason why I think that is because after I installed the Homebrew channel on version 4.3, a few days past, then later on Friday, September 10th, Nintendo gave me a message that said this(EXACTLY word for word): "Wii Menu version 4.3 have been improved. This update provides a behind-the-scenes fixes that will not affect features but will improve overall system performance. To update your Wii Menu to the latest version, please select the Update button at the bottom of the screen or select the System Update option in your Wii system settings.

Because unauthorized modifications to save data or program files may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will also check for and automatically remove such save data or program files.

**Please Note:
If you've updated your Wii Menu after 9/7/10, you may not need to update again.

Thank you for updating your Wii console!
Nintendo." I didn't listen to this message at first, and for many days later, I kept the Homebrew channel. But at least one or two months later, I got a new game and it had to update. So I did what I normally did when I wanted to update my Wii safely: I went to Data Management (in the Wii Menu) and I deleted the Homebrew channel in both Save Data and Channel tabs. I put the new game disc back in and updated my Wii. Than I wanted to get some games at the Wii Shop Channel, and when I got to the Wii Shop Channel, it asked me AGAIN to update my Wii before doing it. I accepted and updated my Wii. In that day I updated my Wii twice: once from a new game disk, and another time to access the Wii Shop Channel. But my Wii Menu Version still says 4.3. (At least) a few weeks later, I wanted to get the Homebrew channel again, so I tried doing Smash Stack, the way as I mentioned in my first paragraph. I also renamed my old private to privateold and got the newest Hackmii installer; Version 0.8, and got a boot.elf from there, than I tried the Smash Stack method as I mentioned in my first paragraph. I don't know what to do! Is there a solution for this?! Help!!

(NOTE: I do NOT have Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures or Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers, so please tell me a solution that doesn't require those games.)
Re: Smashstack will not work!!! Help!
January 16, 2011 08:35PM
Where is smash stack not working? what happens when you open the stage editor select? make sure all your custom stages are removed, except from smash stack.
January 16, 2011 08:38PM
Did u delete all the stages and then exited stage builder and enter stage builder than clicked sd card
January 17, 2011 01:25AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so F***ing stupid!!!!!!!!!!! I just followed the directions wrong, and i put too much time into it. again, Thank you!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 01:25AM by grey_voice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login