Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Removing Traces of Homebrew

Posted by KingLewy13 
Removing Traces of Homebrew
January 19, 2011 03:54AM
Hi everybody. My Wii will no longer read discs (as a result of Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and I need to send it to Ninendo for repairs. But before I do, I want to clarify a few things. There appears to be much animosity or lack of info across the internet and forums.

The best advice I've found is to use the HackMii installer to uninstall HBC, then BootMii/boot2 and finally BootMii/IOS. Then continue to check the Wii Message Board for HBC in the usage history, and format the system if it does.

I would like to avoid formatting the system as I don't want to lose my Miis or save games (Mario Kart and SSBB save games cannot be transferred to SD card). Would combing through the Message Board and deleting (one by one) any evidence of HBC suffice, or would it have to be formatting? I'm also worried that after formatting, I would have to buy my Virtual Console and WiiWare games again.

Of course, this would not be a problem if I could reinstall HBC and BootMii after getting my Wii back from Ninty, as that would allow me to restore a back up of my NAND (provided they replaced the disk drive and not the whole console). I am using System Menu 4.3E.

Thanks in advance for any replies. I'd be most grateful.
Re: Removing Traces of Homebrew
January 19, 2011 08:24AM
Some save games can still be copied if you install Priiloader. Using AnyTitle Deleter (Bushing Mod) Is a much better way of deleting HBC and other titles because it deletes almost everything. I think you should then use shared2clean to remove the remainder.
Re: Removing Traces of Homebrew
February 14, 2011 05:34AM
metroid_maniac
Some save games can still be copied if you install Priiloader. Using AnyTitle Deleter (Bushing Mod) Is a much better way of deleting HBC and other titles because it deletes almost everything. I think you should then use shared2clean to remove the remainder.

What doesn't it remove? I googled shared2clean and all I read that it removes is preloader stuff which you can delete by uninstalling it with the installer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 05:36AM by NintendoFreak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login