Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Can't Play Dvds Anymore

Posted by tmifsud530 
Wii Can't Play Dvds Anymore
November 12, 2011 11:41PM
Hey everyone,

I've had my Wii for years now and about a year and a half ago I successfully downloaded/installed homebrew channel/browser. After downloading WiiMC I was able to watch any kind of media I wanted INCLUDING Dvds. Now it seems, for no apparent reason, I no long have the ability to watch Dvds and everytime I insert a disk it tells me that the format is not supported which I really do not understand. Has anyone had a similar problem? And it's not because I have a newer Wii because I use to watch Dvds all the time. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,

T.J.
Re: Wii Can't Play Dvds Anymore
November 13, 2011 12:07AM
Do you have the latest version of HBC and WiiMC? If not, try updating both to the latest. Also, make sure WiiMC has the tag "< no_ios_reload />" in it's meta.xml. Also make sure that HBC is running on IOS58 (press Home in HBC to check this) - if not, install IOS58 with IOS58 Installer and then reinstall the latest version of HBC with the HackMii Installer to get it running on IOS58 - if it isn't running on IOS58, that could be causing the problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 12:51AM by bg4545.
November 13, 2011 03:02AM
Running on an IOS other than 58 wouldn't prevent DVD video access.
November 13, 2011 01:58PM
I didn't think it would, but I figured I'd mention just in case (it won't do any harm to having it running on IOS58 anyway)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login