Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Booting in Homebrew channel without BootMii2

Posted by the_importer 
Booting in Homebrew channel without BootMii2
February 13, 2012 03:54PM
Hi there, since I have the Super Mario Red Wii (2010), I cannot install BootMii2, only BootMii1, so I can't use the feature to boot in the HBC when turning on the Wii. Is there any other way to boot in the HBC without using BootMii2?

Thank you
Re: Booting in Homebrew channel without BootMii2
February 13, 2012 04:18PM
There is Priiloader, but it's a poorly coded modification of preloader (which I think was fairly decent) that is quite buggy from what I hear, and I cannot therefore recommend it. It replaces a vital part of the Wii's system software, and so if that goes wrong, which it has been known to, your Wii can be left in a state of completely not working, and be very hard to fix. I'd advise just leaving your Wii as it is and running HBC once it has started. I know that can be a bit of a hassle, but it's the safest option without BootMii/boot2.
February 15, 2012 01:13AM
SifJar
There is Priiloader, but it's a poorly coded modification of preloader (which I think was fairly decent) that is quite buggy from what I hear, and I cannot therefore recommend it. It replaces a vital part of the Wii's system software, and so if that goes wrong, which it has been known to, your Wii can be left in a state of completely not working, and be very hard to fix. I'd advise just leaving your Wii as it is and running HBC once it has started. I know that can be a bit of a hassle, but it's the safest option without BootMii/boot2.

Thanks for the reply, guess I'll just keeping hitting that HBC then.
February 28, 2012 09:19PM
There's nothing wrong with Priiloader. I use it all the time, and it works just fine to boot directly into HBC. The only thing you might need is the hacks_hash.ini file.
February 28, 2012 09:59PM
technoman
There's nothing wrong with Priiloader. I use it all the time, and it works just fine to boot directly into HBC. The only thing you might need is the hacks_hash.ini file.

Just because you use it doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with it. Most of the more reputable devs in the Wii "scene" frown upon Priiloader due to it bricking a large number of Wiis thanks to a load of buggy code. Which was then "fixed" with illegal stolen code.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login