Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems accessing Twilight Hack on SD card

Posted by bg4m3r 
Problems accessing Twilight Hack on SD card
August 29, 2008 04:14PM
Okay, so I've been a bit slow on getting HBC on my Wii due to not having a spare SD card to dedicate to the cause. Anyway, I finally went to get things set up and it seems that I can't access the Twilight Hack on my SD card to copy over onto the Wii. Pictures and such are accessible in the photo channel, but nothing comes up in the memory management screen for the SD card. I've tried reformatting the card a couple times, including using the 'Official SD Card Format Tool'. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, so any suggestions would be appreciated. To my understanding, I should just need to copy the appropriate data.bin file from the TH zip to my SD card correct? I also tried extracting the whole archive to the SD card as well with the same result.

Relevant Wii info:
Firmware 3.3U
256MB SD Card
TP vers RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN

Memory management screen sees the card, but shows no save data on it.
Re: Problems accessing Twilight Hack on SD card
August 29, 2008 04:44PM
Are you using the latest saves?
August 29, 2008 05:02PM
Is your save file in the right place? Here is what is supposed to be in your SD card. It includes the .elf that installs homebrew and the save file for RZDE. Delete your current RZDE save file and copy the twilight hack to your wii. then run the .elf with twilight hack and follow on screen instructions. It is safe to install HBC on 3.3u. The installer will give you a warning but u can carry on anyways.

Link
August 29, 2008 09:06PM
1- Yes, I am using the current version of the hack.
2- I believe I had all the files needed to execute the boot loader & deleted my real TP save.

To clairify, the problem is that I can't see the TH save on the SD card to copy over in the first place. I tried copying just the data.bin file to the SD root as well as the whole directory path from /private/ on up; again to the SD root.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 09:10PM by bg4m3r.
UPDATE: Problems accessing Twilight Hack on SD card
August 29, 2008 10:53PM
Okay, so I downloaded a preassembled 'starter pack' from the WiiHD Homebrew Guide and everything worked fine! I looked at how everything was setup and I don't see where it's any different from what I had, so I still don't know what the problem was, but I'm up and running the HBC now. I am experiencing some freeze-ups when exiting/entering games though. Also, Quake froze when I tried to save. Is this common?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 10:56PM by bg4m3r.
August 29, 2008 10:56PM
Yes for quake.

EDIT: And check out my app, Wii Shooting Gallery!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2008 10:58PM by Arikado.
August 30, 2008 07:40AM
Yeah my Hombrew stuff sometimes flashed colors at me for a split second when I start up...Is that what happens to you?
September 03, 2008 06:25AM
Arikado- I totally plan on checking that out, there is so much stuff I've gotten behind on, I haven't gotten that far yet, but it is taunting me from within the Homebrew Browser.

LOLDSFAN- Yeah, the Homebrew Browser does that....probably nothing to worry about.
Re: UPDATE: Problems accessing Twilight Hack on SD card
September 16, 2008 10:15AM
Arikado, I checked out your shooting gallery, pretty cool, it could use a speed control for the targets though! Those things zip by quick!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login