Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged System Menu 4.0 thread (aka "is it done yet?")

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE!?
April 15, 2009 05:06AM
This will help!

svpe in history of wiibrew.

svpe
bannerbomb does not help you to install titles. please discuss this with me (#wiidev/efnet) before undoing this revision, kthx.
April 15, 2009 05:27AM
DELTA
Darksome
Bannerbomb IS real, just not work on system menu 4.0 that never had HBC installed before. (right now)

I think we will have to wait a little longer for HBC fresh install in system menu 4.0.

Actually it now works on 4.0, it just needs a little more bug fixing and some message fixing and it should be done.
From what I seen there no bugs & and the only bugs its the message why taking so long to fix a message. Oh well I think I'll have to go back with Code Junkies team like before. If the bug its the message it wouldn't take day to fix that, only minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 05:28AM by NL_Link.
April 15, 2009 08:13AM
released yet
April 15, 2009 08:18AM
wtf? where?
is that a joke?
April 15, 2009 08:32AM
justme
wtf? where?
is that a joke?
it was a question, not a statement
April 15, 2009 08:33AM
punctuation marks make difference in these hard times X°D
April 15, 2009 08:36AM
haha yeah
April 15, 2009 11:55AM
Hey, people, that's just a videogame exploit, calm down!
April 15, 2009 01:41PM
1. I updated through Nintendo. Can I still get the Homebrew?

2. No one is answering my question!
April 15, 2009 01:57PM
1. Not yet

2. Because you're spamming the fourm's with the same question, over and over, and you're still getting the same answer. Almost all 43 of your current posts are about this new exploit. I suggest you calm down.
April 15, 2009 06:26PM
About the whole "HBC will not work on an virgin 4.0"
I think that is the probleme of Team Twiizers because BannerBomb only loads boot.dol and boot.elf. The installer is from Team Twiizers.
April 15, 2009 06:37PM
Kwartel
About the whole "HBC will not work on an virgin 4.0"
I think that is the probleme of Team Twiizers because BannerBomb only loads boot.dol and boot.elf. The installer is from Team Twiizers.
Nope, bannerbomb doesn't have the permissions to install a channel by itself.
April 15, 2009 08:44PM
BannerBomb should be taking the place of the Twilight Hack. It should work along with the HBC. Hopefully on a virgin 4.0 Wii. Again, based on what I've heard it already has no problems working on a Wii that has had HBC already installed in the past. I'm guessing the delays are coming with getting it working on a virgin 4.0 system. Again, that part is just a guess on my part. It seems Nintendo know what they wanted with this 4.0 update.

A moderator has told me that Team Twiizers will not be working on a new exploit. I do partially agree with you though, because there was really nothing wrong with the Twilight Hack. But, it seems like Team Twiizers is happy with it's 1-year run. They have moved on to new projects, and will not be looking back. At least that was the word from one moderator.
April 15, 2009 09:10PM
We just need a exploit that copy the TP hack back to wii. :)
I think the only protection nitendo have done is system menu 4.0 against TP hack is the copy protection.

Of course this is just an idea...

Well we will need to wait some time to the new system menu 4 exploit. Apparently Comex are having a little more work then he could imagine! :)

And after his work will be more work to do by another hackers!
April 15, 2009 10:37PM
evry1 is asking if they can install HBC trough the new exploit...

i wanna know can i execute homebrew apps trough the exploit? (like WAD installer, USB Loader,etc...)
April 15, 2009 10:39PM
srry double post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 10:39PM by godoi96.
April 16, 2009 12:01AM
Again, I'm new, but wouldn't you just run them through the HBC?
April 16, 2009 01:28AM
godoi96
evry1 is asking if they can install HBC trough the new exploit...

i wanna know can i execute homebrew apps trough the exploit? (like WAD installer, USB Loader,etc...)
Piracy is not supported here.
GTFO
April 16, 2009 01:29AM
Everyone stop asking whether or not bannerbomb will install HBC on a virgin 4.0 or not. No on knows completely for sure, I doubt even Comex does. That's probably why it's taking so long to get an update from him, because he's trying to test it on a virgin Wii.

So it may work, it may not. Just wait.

And chances are, no this exploit won't be coming out today/tomorrow.
April 16, 2009 06:14AM
lpeters82
BannerBomb should be taking the place of the Twilight Hack. It should work along with the HBC. Hopefully on a virgin 4.0 Wii. Again, based on what I've heard it already has no problems working on a Wii that has had HBC already installed in the past. I'm guessing the delays are coming with getting it working on a virgin 4.0 system. Again, that part is just a guess on my part. It seems Nintendo know what they wanted with this 4.0 update.

A moderator has told me that Team Twiizers will not be working on a new exploit. I do partially agree with you though, because there was really nothing wrong with the Twilight Hack. But, it seems like Team Twiizers is happy with it's 1-year run. They have moved on to new projects, and will not be looking back. At least that was the word from one moderator.

Uhh...

1) If you don't understand what's going on, please don't just start guessing. It's a waste of everyone's time, and just serves to add to the confusion. Writing exploits isn't easy -- there's a reason why we leaned on Zelda for a year.

2) We're concentrating on getting BootMii running, because we consider it to be a more immediate concern than trying to play catch-up with Nintendo at the moment. Once we have it working on the "easy" Wiis out there, we will work on making it compatible with newer Wiis.

3) Comex seems to be doing pretty well with his own clever exploit, and we see no need to duplicate his efforts.

4) Nintendo is finally starting to figure out layered security, so a PowerPC-based exploit is not enough to install a channel. This should have always been true, but the fakesigning bug kept that from actually being true. 3.4 was the first case where it became difficult, but we were able to combine two different exploits to make the HBC installer work on 3.4. Those exploits have been fixed in 4.0. Other, unused exploits still exist, but see #2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 06:14AM by bushing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login