Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged System Menu 4.0 thread (aka "is it done yet?")

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: New Exploit?
April 14, 2009 10:41PM
To be honest I think Team Twiizer will beat out Comex.

I was wrong. Team Twiizer is only working on thier BootMii, they already have a working exploit. I was hoping they would be working on an update for System Menu 4.0, but they are not.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 08:12PM by lpeters82.
April 14, 2009 11:14PM
lpeters82

wow you follow hackmii blog well don't you

they have diverted all resources to developing bootmii

They could honestly care less if someone tried to release a new exploit, they would most likely reverse engineer it anyways :) lol.
April 14, 2009 11:15PM
lpeters82

Its not a competition now! We dont need to wait and see who will come out with an exploit first. Twiizers are working on bigger and better things right now (bootmii) and comex is working on an exploit. I doubt if twiizers will even try to make another exploit. Bootmii is going to be good and so is this exploit. Everyone is working for the better of homebrew, not to be the best.
April 15, 2009 12:28AM
Edits

I didn't say it's a competition, plus no one important reads these forums anyway. Someone important did read the forums and replied to my comments. I stand by my statement though. I no longer stand by my statement.I think Team Twiizers will come up with an exploit for the System Menu 4.0 before Comex releases a working version of BannerBomb that can be installed on System Menu 4.0. I hope Comex comes up with something, but I'm not sure BannerBomb, or whatever it's called now, will work on a virgin System Menu 4.0. Hopefully fixing this is causing the delay. I agree with you that Team Twiizers is working on BootMii, but Comex is also working on other programs, he's made that quite clear in IRC. Hey, I'm correct about this.

Bottom line in order for BootMii to work there will need to be an exploit. I'm correct again, 2 for 5.So, I'm guessing Team Twiizers might put some of it's resources towards finding it. Damn, 2 for 6.

New bottom line. I shouldn't have updated to 4.0 through Nintendo. I'll find a friend and trade my Wii. However their is still hope for you 4.0ers without non-hacking friends, his name is Comex.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 08:23PM by lpeters82.
April 15, 2009 01:48AM
Who is working with bootmii now? cause Marcan is out of scene now... (as I know)
April 15, 2009 01:51AM
lpeters82
I didn't say it's a competition, plus no one important reads these forums anyway.

Arikado, Bushing and others are very important to the scene, developing homebrew, exploits, and more.
April 15, 2009 03:25AM
marcan is out?!?! i didn't hear that! then again, i'm not that well informed. =( oh wait, i just looked around. well, that sucks.
April 15, 2009 05:41AM
Well i have been watching the videos alot of times and I found out that it was fake. The Homebrew channel was already installed. Otherwise it should be already out. But Oh well I feel really disappointed about this fake exploit. :(
April 15, 2009 05:57AM
It's not fake, you just need the HBC ticket installed before updating. So if you had the HBC but deleted it then it would install
April 15, 2009 06:04AM
bg4545
It's not fake, you just need the HBC ticket installed before updating. So if you had the HBC but deleted it then it would install
Well I had the homebrew before the update so I won't be able to install. So that's mean that it still won't work on those who updated their Wii without HBC. :(
April 15, 2009 06:10AM
yeah but Twiizers are supposedly searching for a Twilight Hack-like exploit
April 15, 2009 06:16AM
guys unassinged code means,that they can even just let a downgrade start ;) this is a possibility..you can,t install hbc right now on 4.0(on virgin wii)you will get hbc anyway ;) (tp hack ftw) so don,t worry :D
April 15, 2009 06:22AM
headi
guys unassinged code means,that they can even just let a downgrade start ;) this is a possibility..you can,t install hbc right now on 4.0(on virgin wii)you will get hbc anyway ;) (tp hack ftw) so don,t worry :D
sorry but that didn't make much sense...
April 15, 2009 06:30AM
He's saying you can't use it to directly install a channel, but you can use it to run code such as downgrading your system menu and then installing with TP hack.
April 15, 2009 06:50AM
ah, that actually makes sense
April 15, 2009 07:37AM
bg4545

Who told you this. I think what you say is just a RUMOR!!!
April 15, 2009 07:50AM
Kwartel
Who told you this. I think what you say is just a RUMOR!!!
[wiibrew.org]
[forum.wiibrew.org]
Darksome
This will help!

svpe in history of wiibrew.

svpe
bannerbomb does not help you to install titles. please discuss this with me (#wiidev/efnet) before undoing this revision, kthx.
titles/tickets are both kept on the Wii after channel deletion (through the Wii's Data Management), so you could install the HBC if you had it before.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 08:03AM by bg4545.
April 15, 2009 10:01AM
yea dude we're all just very anxious to get it my wii is still new I can't wait to start playing the games i have already downloaded. Is there no tunnel through ssh or something that can be forced to install the HBC over WI-FI. (just an idea!)
April 15, 2009 01:36PM
so i can never install the homebrew!? i updated through nintendo!
April 15, 2009 02:33PM
Easy now, some day you will be able to get homebrew channel. Maybe in a few days.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login