Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged System Menu 4.0 thread (aka "is it done yet?")

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: New Exploit?
April 15, 2009 03:24PM
IHackYou
so i can never install the homebrew!? i updated through nintendo!

No, that's not really true, if this is;

symbiant
He's saying you can't use it to directly install a channel, but you can use it to run code such as downgrading your system menu and then installing with TP hack.
April 15, 2009 05:43PM
geees anything aslong as it works :)
April 15, 2009 07:28PM
lpeters82
I didn't say it's a competition, plus no one important reads these forums anyway. I stand by my statement though. I think Team Twiizers will come up with an exploit for the System Menu 4.0 before Comex releases a working version of BannerBomb that can be installed on System Menu 4.0. I agree with you that Team Twiizers is working on BootMii, but Comex is also working on other programs, he's made that quite clear in IRC.

Bottom line in order for BootMii to work there will need to be an exploit. So, I'm guessing Team Twiizers might put some of it's resources towards finding it.

No, we're not. Developing another exploit to run powerpc code would be a waste of time. It's great that finally other people are also starting to looking into this stuff. However, you always need two exploits to install titles. One to get powerpc code running (e.g. the Twilight Hack or Bannerbomb) and another one to trick IOS into thinking that nintendo signed your title (e.g. the strncmp() bug or the exploit we used in the latest hbc installer). We have worked on the latter part.

bg4545
titles/tickets are both kept on the Wii after channel deletion (through the Wii's Data Management), so you could install the HBC if you had it before.
No, you cannot. the TMD is always deleted and needs to be reinstalled. You cannot copy the hbc back once it's been deleted.
We have another exploit though that allows us to install arbitrary titles (e.g. BootMii or the HBC) once we can run powerpc code (which can be done with comex' exploit).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 07:29PM by svpe.
April 15, 2009 08:04PM
No, we're not. Developing another exploit to run powerpc code would be a waste of time. It's great that finally other people are also starting to looking into this stuff. However, you always need two exploits to install titles. One to get powerpc code running (e.g. the Twilight Hack or Bannerbomb) and another one to trick IOS into thinking that nintendo signed your title (e.g. the strncmp() bug or the exploit we used in the latest hbc installer). We have worked on the latter part.

Yeah! Someone important did check the forums. I'll edit my old post.

So, your just working on taking control of the Wii as soon in the Boot as possible? Without a working exploit wouldn't this be unusable, or are you just counting on Comex. I haven't been following things for too long, but know he had a good reputation on tehskeen. I'm not so sure anymore. Even some of the longstanding members over their seem to be turning on him. I guess most people have updated correctly, and already have a working exploit (Twilight Hack). I'm just a Neebie and did it wrong. So I'm in need of a working exploit for 4.0u. Another option would be a downgrade, but I'm sure it would need an exploit to instal the downgrade, thus be pointless. Until something comes out I'm S.O.L. I guess I'll go back to working with MAME, and just check back every now and again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 08:09PM by lpeters82.
April 15, 2009 08:36PM
svpe
No, you cannot. the TMD is always deleted and needs to be reinstalled. You cannot copy the hbc back once it's been deleted.
We have another exploit though that allows us to install arbitrary titles (e.g. BootMii or the HBC) once we can run powerpc code (which can be done with comex' exploit).
I thought that it was possible to install the hbc if it was deleted (using the Wii's data management) by using the "bannerbomb". I assumed that the "*Working Title* Exploit" video was real.
April 15, 2009 09:13PM
Would be nice if we had at least one way to downgrade to 3.3 again! :)
April 15, 2009 11:24PM
The Wii can be downgraded through the routers but I forgot the exact code put on the router to be able to send the downgrade of the Wii Menu through the internet. Then do the update and it will downgrade your Wii. I don't remember cuz I haven't done that since 2006.
April 16, 2009 12:54AM
I've seen a downgrader for 4.0, you just need to find it...
April 16, 2009 01:12AM
They make downgraders but they all require HBC to already be installed.
April 16, 2009 01:30AM
No, I'm pretty sure you can run them how ever you like
April 16, 2009 04:13AM
Yeah, but if you've already installed a working loader you wouldn't need to downgrade. My guess is he/she has system 4.0 without any loader installed.
April 16, 2009 05:24AM
Bomber
EvilMario
I got a Question(im new to this)
But what game will the knew exploit be or will it be on the same game???
And will it be out before saturday

It's not on a game (that I know of, it may be). Don't know when it'll be released, maybe today maybe next week. It'll come though.

jhanuska
Any updates yet cause I'm over the Tp hack and i think this is going to be much better. Can someone tell me alil more about this hack other then whats on the video

What do you mean you're over the TP hack? This is the same thing, sans the game and idiot proof.[/quote

Cause i can't get it to work on my 3.3u i keep get this .elf error code and i've tried a few different sd cards and i know about the Lu64 thing and my wii isn't a lu 64 and i though that this new hack was away around the hp. i also can't find anyone to help me and i used that link for the life help too.
Re: Mega Merged System Menu 4.0 thread (aka "is it done yet?")
April 16, 2009 06:22AM
Good idea merging the threads :]
It will make it all the less confusing :]
April 16, 2009 11:17AM
Thank Superman, bushing merged the threads =)
April 16, 2009 04:53PM
bg4545
svpe
I thought that it was possible to install the hbc if it was deleted (using the Wii's data management) by using the "bannerbomb". I assumed that the "*Working Title* Exploit" video was real.

Yes, that video is real. It does however only launch powerpc code. You need another one to actually install titles.
April 16, 2009 07:50PM
I'm gonna talk about WAD's BUT in a legal way!!!

If the Homebrew channel doesn't install on a 4.0 virgin wii Mabey we could use this way!!
Wad manager 1.3 does work on an 4.0 wii. And Waninkoko just made Wad Creator. If someone make's an WAD from the Homebrew channel and a virgin 4.0 loads Wad manager 1.3 and instals the wad from the hombrew channel...

No bad ideas from a NOOB, right.

Sorry for my bad enlish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 07:50PM by Kwartel.
April 16, 2009 08:30PM
Kwartel
I'm gonna talk about WAD's BUT in a legal way!!!

If the Homebrew channel doesn't install on a 4.0 virgin wii Mabey we could use this way!!
Wad manager 1.3 does work on an 4.0 wii. And Waninkoko just made Wad Creator. If someone make's an WAD from the Homebrew channel and a virgin 4.0 loads Wad manager 1.3 and instals the wad from the hombrew channel...

No bad ideas from a NOOB, right.

Sorry for my bad enlish

Except for the fact that WADs don't work on 4.0
April 16, 2009 08:37PM
bg4545

Except for the fact that WADs don't work on 4.0

O, at Afterdawn someone is saying it's working

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 08:38PM by Kwartel.
April 16, 2009 08:53PM
svpe
bg4545
svpe

Yes, that video is real. It does however only launch powerpc code. You need another one to actually install titles.

There is no way to use it to launch a powerpc code to downgrade system menu 4.0 to 3.3?
April 17, 2009 12:14AM
Kwartel
O, at Afterdawn someone is saying it's working

It only works if you have a *ahem* questionable cIOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login