Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged System Menu 4.0 thread (aka "is it done yet?")

Posted by IHackYou 
Re: System menu 4 downgrade
April 22, 2009 02:38AM
DELTA
I think that part about it not working on a virgin Wii is just bull crap made up by people posing as friends comex and claiming random shit, because they're bored and have no life.
No it's true. If you knew anything about the system menu you'd know why
April 22, 2009 03:13AM
bg4545
I fully support this comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 03:13AM by Arikado.
April 22, 2009 05:09PM
KaiWren
DELTA
bg4m3r
BigDave
i would just be happy if insted of every one saying wait for the new exploit just answer his (and every one else with a virgin 4.0 wii ie: mine) question
How do we downgrade our wii from 4.0?
You don't; period. You need access to homebrew to downgrade. You can't access homebrew without an exploit.
Question answered, now wait for the exploit. :P

mystikdoubt
Anyone know about the homebrew without zelda torrent? havent been able to find any info on it
From what I've read, this will only work on a Wii that HAD the HBC, but they deleted it with the Channel Management. If your Wii is virgin, or you deleted the HBC with Any Title Deleter, wait for the exploit.

I think that part about it not working on a virgin Wii is just bull crap made up by people posing as friends comex and claiming random shit, because they're bored and have no life.

Homebrew without zelda torrent won't work on a virgin 4.0 wii, or at least mine, anyway. i think it has something to do with the encryption being unique to different wii's
It's because a virgin Wii doesn't have the ticket and TMD data for the HBC on it. Just like any other channel, if there's no ticket and TMD data for that channel on the Wii, it won't run. Plain and simple.
Re: Mega Merged System Menu 4.0 thread (aka "is it done yet?")
April 22, 2009 05:29PM
And there WAS a way to put the ticket on it BUT nintendo blokked it :(
April 22, 2009 11:22PM
Kwartel
And there WAS a way to put the ticket on it BUT nintendo blokked it :(

Please excuse my slightly ill-informed question, but I was wondering if this was at all possible:

As I understand it, code has to be signed and authenticated before it will run on the wii. This includes installing title data/metadata, which is required for the wii to run code. Would it be possible to run code under the guise of another pre-authenticated channel? I.e. pretend to be a channel that the wii already had installed.

Would that get around the fact that nintendo blocked putting the ticket on it?
April 22, 2009 11:26PM
bg4545
DELTA

I'm not a dumbass, I wasn't saying that you could do it with no ticket (well I kinda was). I was saying that I think the exploit is coded in a way where it doesn't need the ticket. Unless you have straight up proof or a link to a topic where Comex has said it I think it's BS.

EDIT:

PROOF, that Comex is going to get bannerbomb to work on virgin 4.0:

DELTA: Is it true that you need the ticket of the HBC to make bannerbomb work?
DELTA: So it doesn't work on a virgin 4.0
Austin: you need the boot.dol
-->| K3vinPwnz (~Kev_sla@cpe-76-90-88-67.socal.res.rr.com) has joined #bannerbomb
Austin: no it wont
Austin: not yet
K3vinPwnz: it wont what?
DELTA: But comex IS working on it?
Austin: it only works on 4.0 if you updated through HBC
Austin: yes
DELTA: ok

Oh and by the way Austin is the IRC operator. (irc.efnet.net/bannerbomb)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 11:40PM by DELTA.
April 22, 2009 11:59PM
I'm also an operator in #bannerbomb and no one would take my word for it :P
HBC on system menu 4.0
April 23, 2009 10:20AM
Hello all, until recently had the HBC on my wii. When system menu 4.0 came out I uninstalled the HBC before getting system menu 4.0. I did this because I thaought HBC wouldn't work on 4.0. I also thought that their would be a update to the HBC for the system menu 4.0. Is their any way I can get the HBC back? Please help
Re: HBC on system menu 4.0
April 23, 2009 10:26AM
Re: HBC on system menu 4.0
April 23, 2009 11:53PM
Johnny
Hello all, until recently had the HBC on my wii. When system menu 4.0 came out I uninstalled the HBC before getting system menu 4.0. I did this because I thaought HBC wouldn't work on 4.0. I also thought that their would be a update to the HBC for the system menu 4.0. Is their any way I can get the HBC back? Please help

BrendanN
Click Here

I lol'd hard.
April 24, 2009 02:07AM
lol :P
April 24, 2009 10:11PM
[wiiscenewatch.blogspot.com]

This blog seems like it's deliberately spreading disinformation...

BTW if this Comex guy is sick of people asking him about it, he should at least release an update about the status of it. All this hearsay is freaking ridiculous.
April 24, 2009 11:03PM
Thats blogspot site isnt popular enough. Its just another loser trying to make a name for himself...
April 25, 2009 12:41PM
is this is true link ?
April 25, 2009 03:08PM
zygius
is this is true link ?

no
April 25, 2009 03:51PM
That "blog" is full of BS
April 26, 2009 05:09AM
Forget HBC and Pre-Order The Conduit!
April 26, 2009 06:09PM
Ok. I just wondered. Could the ppl who is waiting for this new comex release get any kind of info of how it´s going. I mean, I know that Comex is a real person, with a life, but I don´t belive that it is so much to ask for. The ppl have been waiting a very long time for this, but hasn´t got any kind of information, just specualtions. Is it true, is it fake? Does it work on a virgin Wii, doesn it, and so on.....

Anyway, comex, keep up the good word. but it wouldn't kill u to share some info on how its going..
April 26, 2009 06:32PM
@Olabero:
You might wanna join the IRC channels #Hackmii and #bannerbomb and read along.
April 26, 2009 06:50PM
daniel_c_w
@Olabero:
You might wanna join the IRC channels #Hackmii and #bannerbomb and read along.

And how would one do that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login